Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Feels like we're wating for confirmation on many matters, Moreland, Brannigan, and Jimoh signings and possibly one or two others in the academy, Patten and possibly Lucy Parker for the women, new Watkins contract, Pau Torres at last unveiled, but nothing actually happening. I wish we would sign an attacker for £40m plus 😍

3 hours ago, TRO said:

Are they lazy links ( maybe some) or are they just genuine lines of enquiry?

We may not have hard and fast targets, but quite a few optional targets, to which we test the water, to check out the best deals.

We have seen from the Declan Rice, and Harry Kane saga's....when the club don't want to sell....you have to pay through the nose.

I get the impression, our club don't want to pay through the nose, for anyone, (hence the slowish burn).....and I don't blame them.

I do think that we reach out to agents to test the waters, see what’s available or who might be interested. I’m sure it’s common practice that you’d send out multiple enquiries as to not put all your eggs in one basket. An agent may use this to leverage a deal with a more interested party and throw our name in there. I think that’s plausible. Some of it I do think is more fanciful e.g. a team gets relegated and certain names are bandied about. Or our name is used as a bargaining chip with the actual interested parties. I wouldn’t be surprised if we put feelers out for some of the names just at an enquiry stage nothing more. There’s so many variables in football so you want to make sure you have a solid list of talents you earmark. And given our data department some of these enquiries could be months old or renewed as much as they never go further or we simply move onto other targets. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I agree. There has to be better out there for a similar/much less cost. 

I find the links to Barnes and Johnson confusing tbh. I think it's clear at this juncture that we are interested in both, I just really thought this window would be different. 

maybe we arent prepared to pay for top quality

1 minute ago, beachboys1 said:

maybe we arent prepared to pay for top quality

Do you not get bored with this show?

FFS man.

Sat on fan's forum of a team you don't support.

• Thanks 4

Trying to keep a current personal list of active possible incoming transfers, even longshots. Can I scratch of any of these off the list? (My list isn't about who we actually want, just who may be coming even as a longshot). Cards on table, I find this incredibly confusing to keep track of, so this list may be a mess.

Ferran Torres
Kieran Tierney
Degand Gnoto
Pedro Gonçalves
Harvey Barnes
Roger Ibanez
Yassine Bounou
Hirving Lozano 
Tyler Adams
Christian Pulisic
Brennan Johnson

Edited by Marka Ragnos

6 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Trying to keep a current personal list of active possible incoming transfers, even longshots. Can I scratch of any of these off the list? (My list isn't about who we actually want, just who may be coming even as a longshot). Cards on table, I find this incredibly confusing to keep track of, so this list may be a mess.

Ferran Torres
Kieran Tierney
Degand Gnoto
Pedro Gonçalves
Harvey Barnes
Roger Ibanez
Yassine Bounou
Hirving Lozano 
Tyler Adams
Christian Pulisic
Brennan Johnson

Espen on Twitter gives a daily record of who we are linked with, I just use that to keep track. Just follow him…

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Just overheard a Villa fan saying this.

Badge plans scaled down, Villa Park redevelopment scaled down, investment in Vitoria scaled down, Vega Villans no longer happening, we've been force to take dodgy sponsorship, Purlsow gone, Aleman turned us down at last minute to be replaced by someone with a reputation for finding bargains, our only two transfers have been free transfers and one of those not for the first team, it's been a really difficult summer and I'm not sure we're giving off the vibe of a team that's going to be spending a lot of money or breaking in transfer records, wouldn't surprise me if Pau deal fell through, it wouldn't be the first time this summer that something we thought was going to happen didn't.

Very negative, lets get some deals announced, I've got a feeling going to be a few big ones not even speculated about yet.

All of those of facts. But an optimist or even a realist would say that Heck is coming in to correct mistakes that were about to be made and we will be better off for it in the long run. Also it seems to be a difficult summer for everyone. We aren’t doing worse than anyone else. Pau wont fall through. 

My only real concern is our forward line but there is no chance we start next season with the forward line as it is.

• Confused 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

how complicated Football business is.

It isn't complicated really. It's greedy.

Agree about fans not having hissy fits. Equally, fans shouldn't worry about what others are posting on the internet.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm strangely more worried about JJ having a serious long term injury than anything else to be honest.

Is that weird?

No, it's really frigging annoying.

He was flying at the end of the season. Now he'll probably miss the start of the season.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

No, it's really frigging annoying.

He was flying at the end of the season. Now he'll probably miss the start of the season.

Yeah I was thinking this would/could be the season where he went up levels.

22 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nah we don't need to " announce some deals ".

We need grown men who have supposedly been Football fans all their lives to not have meltdowns in every transfer window or at every bit of " unfavourable " on the surface news as if they have just started learning how complicated Football business is.

We have a very good team, have tied down Lynchpins to long term contracts, have signed one of the most highly rated Defenders in Europe, Have gotten a seasoned Belgium and PL player on a free, Have an Elite Manager, and have invested in some of the most prestigious corporate/football Talent.

Also, we are barely a third of the way through the window. 🤦🏿‍♂️

Wtf???!!!

spacer.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, useless said:

Badge plans scaled down, Villa Park redevelopment scaled down, investment in Vitoria scaled down, Vega Villans no longer happening, we've been force to take dodgy sponsorship, Purlsow gone, Aleman turned us down at last minute to be replaced by someone with a reputation for finding bargains, our only two transfers have been free transfers and one of those not for the first team, it's been a really difficult summer and I'm not sure we're giving off the vibe of a team that's going to be spending a lot of money or breaking in transfer records, wouldn't surprise me if Pau deal fell through, it wouldn't be the first time this summer that something we thought was going to happen didn't.

Very negative, lets get some deals announced, I've got a feeling going to be a few big ones not even speculated about yet.

That’s an extreme negative take all these things… but if this “fan” looked at each element there’s perfectly good explanations for them all. 

badge scaled back, because it’s not good enough and doesn’t have a full design package with it.

North stand development, is in all development problems, design to build issues, local political issues, such as local residents, planing and building disruptions

Vitoria Investment scaled back because of both villa and them are in the same tournament. Ownership of both would course a rule breach where 1 would be expelled from the tournament

Los vagas Villans, didn’t win the bid to become a franchise. Just tough luck

Purslow brought the dodgy sponsorship in and quite possibly one of the reasons why he was replaced by Heck

Alemany chose to stay at Barcelona, probably gave him a better deal  

Monchi likes bargains, who doesn’t like bargains? Spending big is rarely the solution to success. Buying smart is. 

T’pau is a done deal.. just waiting for him to have his honeymoon to announce him with the bells and whistles  

if there was any trouble at the club, we be seeing signs of it with a fire sale of players, Like Chelsea. Yet, only the Donk and fringe players are for sale, also a new deal for Mcginn.

Things are looking great over all 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, useless said:

I hope you gave them a slap!