Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

One compelling reason for buying a young player with great potential like Brennan Johnson is that he qualifies as a home grown player. If we intend to play in Europe every season going forward, then Euro squad compatibility has to be considered if a suitable home "grown player" becomes available.

28 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I hope were not seriously contemplating Brennan Johnson for 60m.

30 - 40m is the max i'd consider.

Agree, typical overpriced British players. No way is he worth 60M i really hope we dont spent that on him, would rather we did our shopping in Europe, we have been burnt too many times paying over the odds for players. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Brentford already bid 30m for Johnson and been rejected so no chance he'd go for anything less than that.

If they gave up at £30m it’s not like we’re going to get him for £32m either. They’ll want £40-50m+ and rightly so.

If we did sign him it’d be a bit like O’Neill signing Young from Watford early in his tenure.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

If they gave up at £30m it’s not like we’re going to get him for £32m either. They’ll want £40-50m+ and rightly so.

If we did sign him it’d be a bit like O’Neill signing Young from Watford early in his tenure.

That's a good comparison and look how well that turned out for us.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

@paul514 would spontaneously combust!

Only 4 seasons late!

personally I think he would be 40 now, was something stupid like 10 back then.

id love him here, obviously and he would lock off central midfield just like Pau Torres locks off central defence.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Awol said:

What if Emery wants to flip Moreno this window for a big profit (rumours Citeh we’re interested a while ago), and provide the width in attack from midfield? 

5 top level CBs to cover a back line of three would make sense then. 

Wow Hes only just got here 😂

27 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Agree, typical overpriced British players. No way is he worth 60M i really hope we dont spent that on him, would rather we did our shopping in Europe, we have been burnt too many times paying over the odds for players. 

Also agree, would be a good signing BUT not for the price. It’s an outrageous amount of money that gets you a world star if you buy from abroad.

Brennan Johnson would be a perfect fit for us & under Emery he would develop even more I have no doubt, pace, trickery, scores goals, assists & done it last season in the Premier league. rather spend £50/£60 million on him having been in the Premier league last season & done well than someone costing £40 odd million from abroad, who maybe a gamble wether he'd cope with the demands of the Premier league.

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think Johnson would be superb for us but we could probably find better value in Europe. He will most likely be priced out of a move this summer .

I think he would be VERY good for us but not superb for where we are as a team and as you rightly said can get better in Europe for a lesser amount for certain.

Just now, Frodo said:

Brennan Johnson would be a perfect fit for us & under Emery he would develop even more I have no doubt, pace, trickery, scores goals, assists & done it last season in the Premier league. rather spend £50/£60 million on him having been in the Premier league last season & done well than someone costing £40 odd million from abroad, who maybe a gamble wether he'd cope with the demands of the Premier league.

50/60 million for the likes of brennan is a no go imo , 40 mill max id say.

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Wow Hes only just got here 😂

I’ve read that Monchi churns his squads more than anything we’ve been used to before, and also sells some players at their peak value to reinvest. IF Emery wanted to change up the system and move to a back 3 then selling Moreno for a good profit might make sense, but as @Delphinho123 points out we wouldn’t be selling an injured player anyway so it’s a moot point. 

Find some of the focus Fabrizio gives to some transfers weird. He's definitely on the take from Agents or clubs to promote their players/potential signings.

I wonder if our interest was genuine for Kudus? Brighton is all that's being discussed but clearly not close nor any bid or approach made.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If we signed Ibanez, I'd be absolutely stunned. 

Yeah if we spend €60m on 2 centre halves it would indicate we’re going to spend a huge amount of money this summer otherwise our squad is going to be crazy lopsided.

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Find some of the focus Fabrizio gives to some transfers weird. He's definitely on the take from Agents or clubs to promote their players/potential signings.

I wonder if our interest was genuine for Kudus? Brighton is all that's being discussed but clearly not close nor any bid or approach made.

I really us to sign Bassey before he left Rangers.