Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

12 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Thuram to Inter. I know there were early rumours but doubt we were in for him.

To be honest I’m surprised he chose inter with the clubs that were after him.

He could have been second choice at some of the biggest clubs 

Just now, paul514 said:

I had the same first impression, but then it’s an Inter team that made a CL final, good manager and squad and will probably push Napoli for the title next season.

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Inter getting to the Champions League Final not enough to qualify as a big club? Shouldn’t bite, but this comment is absolute NONSENSE. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Inter getting to the Champions League Final not enough to qualify as a big club? Shouldn’t bite, but this comment is absolute NONSENSE. 

Inter are a big club but not on the basis of that argument.  Teeny little Spursssssy Spurs got there once 🙈

35 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

This post is nonsense.

The right way to judge creative players is xA and not actual assists. If you create a good chance and the other player misses the shot or a bad chance and he scores it. 

We judge the player on the quality of his pass and the chance he created. The finishing of the chances is what we judge the other player on.

It's not complicated 

Completely discounted the ability of the finisher to finish… 

Buendia has always excelled in this area, he made Pukki look good! His through ball ability and weight of pass can be exceptional.

So many assists and chances created at Norwich, on record as one of the most creative players in this country. He has a lot more to do at Villa and will further improve with more coaching, time and further integration with the team/squad, including new signings.

Doesn’t make sense to want rid of Buendia and Bailey, we need a squad and we’ve already seen how much Unai can improve our players. McGinn is just one example…

The club will not want to take a hit or make a loss on these players so soon either, no one will pay us what we would want. But again, we need a squad and proper options from the bench and for rotation. Either of them could improve to the extent that they stay in the team too… 

Edited by Jas10

11 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

So do we think Lukaku could be option now Thuram has moved. I know a few on podcasts have mentioned this, especially as many are reporting we were getting Tammy until his injury 

No thanks… past it, slow, clumsy, heavy and most of all 💰 💰💰

Don’t think he would be interested in us anyway.

We need players who are hungry and on the way up… not far past their best…

Dzeko starting CL final instead of him was a fairly damning indictment of Lukaku’s ability/quality…

• Like 1

A match is at least 90 minutes, so impact subs can make a big difference against tiring defences. I've recently seen fans of other clubs pointing out how strong our match day squad will be this coming season (we haven't finished yet!), and we will need that strength in depth to attack a top six finish and play euro matches, and domestic cup matches.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

A match is at least 90 minutes, so impact subs can make a big difference against tiring defences. I've recently seen fans of other clubs pointing out how strong our match day squad will be this coming season (we haven't finished yet!), and we will need that strength in depth to attack a top six finish and play euro matches, and domestic cup matches.

Exactly, we had barely any option from the bench to try and impact or change a game last season. Makes the job Unai did even more remarkable!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

No thanks… past it, slow, clumsy, heavy and most of all 💰💰💰

Dzeko starting CL final instead of him was a fairly damning indictment of Lukaku’s ability/quality…

I agree, just heard his name mentioned 

37 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

So do we think Lukaku could be option now Thuram has moved. I know a few on podcasts have mentioned this, especially as many are reporting we were getting Tammy until his injury 

Heard on a non Villa podcast. Brutal suggestion. 

26 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

No thanks… past it, slow, clumsy, heavy and most of all 💰💰💰

I don’t think we can doubt Lukaku’s hunger, that’s never in doubt… 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Spoony said:

Ok the fact Fati has been mentioned shows me that all contact with reality has been lost. 

Why?

Lots of noise that barca will move him on, heavily linked with wolves so id guess he's a mendes client 

15 minutes ago, av1 said:

Ferran Torres would be a great signing. 

Has a remaining book value to Barca of £34m. Though the loan with obligation to buy / option to buy might be good for Barca and us by getting creative. He'll be off their books and neutral in cost then they book a profit next June. 

I assume Monchi, Emery and Alemany know eachother well enough to sort out the numbers quickly

For Torres, Emery will likely have told him his best position was as that central forward and not playing wide. Torres was doing his best stuff playing as the false 9 under Pep. Torres probably knows Emery will get the best out of him and improve him and in 2 years Villa would have to sell if he's back at his peak

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I really hope that Brennan Johnson is not the player we bring in. He doesn't scream push for Europe quality to me. Would be a disappointing signing if it happens 

Said it before, genuine raw pace is an attribute you cannot coach, the rest I think Unai can develop, particularly at that age.

If the price was right, he would give us what we thought we were getting with Baillie,  the ability to turn a defence on the counter (ala Leeds counter!)

12 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Torres is a very good player, but I am a bit concerned that we're going to fall foul of the homegrown players rule at some point soon...

We won't we've loads of home grown players in relation to the PL - JJ, Emi, Cash, Konsa, Mings, McGinn, Watkins, Archer, Chambers, Traore all currently count as "home grown" for PL squad of 25 where 8 need to be "home grown" as in UK for 3 years before they turn 22. 

Any 21 and younger players don't need to be registered they just qualify. So we can have a big squad. Really 22 players means 2 for every position. 25 is extra and then young players