Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

43 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Maybe. If there is any substance to it all, he sounds like he really wants to stay at Barca but if he had to go anywhere he’d consider us. Alemany is possibly trying to push him out of the door. Alemany owes us one tbh.

Sounds like he is trying to save face. Make it clear he hasn’t forced a move and is being forced out but put a sneaky hint in to where he is going. 

Unless the reporter had leading questions and asked about Villa?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

20 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I really hope that Brennan Johnson is not the player we bring in. He doesn't scream push for Europe quality to me. Would be a disappointing signing if it happens 

He is way over hyped very average 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mickjacobjr said:

He is way over hyped very average 

Nah he is at the very least equal to Buendia who is our best forward.

I just wouldn’t want to pay more than half the price they are asking for him.

4 hours ago, Tom13 said:

🤣 I'm surprised Emery hasn't hired you to 'green light' the players he wants so you can confirm to him they're good enough.

Same here, we would be in conference if he listened to me 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Torres being forced out but if he has to go anywhere he wouldn’t mind linking up with Emery again is the general gist of this article I think. 

Ferran Torres doesn't want to leave. A few minutes ago he did an interview in his homeland, in Valencia, where he confirmed that his intentions do not involve leaving the club. Of course, he knows that everything can happen this summer and, in case he has to say goodbye, he already has the club chosen.

At Barça they cannot promise him continuity if he continues at such a low level and like Ansu Fati, they have been declared transferrable for Mateu Alemany. Neither has given the height, so Xavi does not consider them as priorities.

Despite his intentions of wanting to stay, Ferran Torres is aware that from Barcelona they have been looking for a new destination for a couple of months. Positions to choose, Foios's is clear.

Ferran Torres chooses Unai Emery.

Aston Villa, a team that has recently qualified for the Conference League, is the team that the striker likes the most. It is probably for Unai Emery, his coach, whom he considers "a reference and he did very well in Valencia."

With Monchi as sports director, the English team will try to compete in Europe and be as high as possible in the Premier League. To do this, Ferran Torres has enough experience and talent to shine on his return to England.

Mateu Alemany will not hinder its sale to Aston Villa, as long as an offer of around 25 million arrives. Few seem to see that Laporta paid on his day 55.

The one from Foios is clear that he wants to succeed at FC Barcelona and if it were up to him, he would not listen to any of the offers. Like Ansu Fati, they don't want to go out, creating discomfort in the board.

They know that the club needs to sell and even so, they refuse to make things easy. Therefore, his departure will be rather forced. They are still very young and perhaps the best thing for both parties is to try their luck in another destination.

This summer is probably the busiest in Ferran Torres' life. While he enjoys his vacation, Mateu Alemany already works so that he does not return to Barcelona to do the pre-season.

https://es.e-noticies.cat/futbol/ferran-torres-quiere-quedar-mateu-alemany-destino-favorito

Can see a tasty double deal for Torres & Ansu Fati ! 

43 minutes ago, paul514 said:

He is over hyped he ain’t worth what Forest are wanting for him if it was 20 million I would say we should risk it but they would want 50 and there are better players on the continent for that 

When we were first linked to Ferran Torres I rewatched some of his highlights from Man City. The level of skill he showed there was ridiculous, and if we can get him on a loan-to-buy deal it’s incredible business. I think he’d fit our team like a glove. We need quality like that upfront, and Emery will 100% bring it out of him. 

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I really hope that Brennan Johnson is not the player we bring in. He doesn't scream push for Europe quality to me. Would be a disappointing signing if it happens 

Funnily enough a few years ago people were saying we should sign the players Brentford target instead of then having to pay them big fees as we did with all of Hogan,  Konsa and Watkins.

Brentford first identified him as a target in Jan 2022 and he'd have probably signed for them if Forest hadn't been promoted.

Johnson is still raw in quite a few aspects of his game (lost count the amount of times he was offside at VP) but his basic stats show 18 goals with Forest going up and then 8 goals in his debut prem season shows the potential for someone who's just turned 22.

He's had a good combination with Gibbs White so surely someone Buendia would relish given he's very quick.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

He's the sort of player we would have been looking at if we hadn't finished where we did. I would think our targets are more often than not going to be the more 'finished' players or players with a far higher potential.

We've done the middle of the league transfers many times and it's hit or miss and never really had a good resale to signing ratio. I expect that to change and we have more hits than misses.

We need our 1st team signings to now be either young and very high prospects or players that have impressed over time and an improvement on what we have.

To me he doesn't now fit into either category, especially at any more than 25 million and that would be a big gamble.

Looks a decent player but emery will want more than a decent player.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I really like him. Think he has huge potential and would already back him to hit double figures in any given season.

• Like 1

£25m for Ferran Torres or £60m for Brennan Johnson...I know which one I, Emery, and Monchi would go for. Even if the prices were reversed. 

Controversial opinion, but it does make me question whether Percy has any true inside knowledge of what's going on at the Villa now, and whether Percy's contact at the Villa was Lange or Purslow, as he was still spouting the Barnes and Johnson line yesterday, which I just cannot see us being interested in now, but might well have been the case a few months ago when those other two were running the show.

Edited by Rich192
  • Like 3