Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

42 minutes ago, Creeper said:

Would love to see us move for Alex Scott. Surprised someone hasn't tried to bid for him already.

I don't see it, but I also think he is a good player.

He should move this summer, too good for the Championship

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Frustrating that he was sat there for two years for £6-12m being a very obvious signing. We sign players with half the ability for triple the money.

There was a fair amount of people on here saying sign him at the time, same with Eze.

I think the links to both Torres and Barnes are interesting, which could see us swap sides we attack. 

We all know that currently, our left side is made up of Moreno making the overlap and combing in like a winger, with then Bailey coming in off the right to be the back post or cut back option. 

With Torres in (especially as Moreno is injured), we could have Torres at CB and Mings moving to LB, we could then potentially see Kaine Kesler Hayden (or someone similar) at RB being the overlapping option and Barnes being the back post/ cut back option - a position he’s good at as seen by more goals than assists. By being able to change which side we attack would make it harder for teams to scout us, or combat what we do

25 minutes ago, paul514 said:

There was a fair amount of people on here saying sign him at the time, same with Eze.

All the clever clogs yes.

Eze was pretty much the only Grealish replacement out there gettable for us. Lots of stories he wanted to stay in London though.

I think we'd have got Olise no problem if we'd gone in as he was taking off.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Hernandez off to PSG so Torres will be off to Bayern. Back to the drawing board

Is it? Hernandez to PSG has been all but done for over a month now (PSG agreed personal terms with him back in May, they're just waiting until July to announce all their signings due to FFP). You'd reckon Bayern would have made a serious move for his replacement at this point, and yet they still haven't moved for Torres: presumably the replacement is Min-Jae, who plays on the left?

I assume they registered an interest in Torres a while ago but ultimately opted to move for Min-Jae instead.

Edited by wishywashy

49 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think the links to both Torres and Barnes are interesting, which could see us swap sides we attack. 

We all know that currently, our left side is made up of Moreno making the overlap and combing in like a winger, with then Bailey coming in off the right to be the back post or cut back option. 

With Torres in (especially as Moreno is injured), we could have Torres at CB and Mings moving to LB, we could then potentially see Kaine Kesler Hayden (or someone similar) at RB being the overlapping option and Barnes being the back post/ cut back option - a position he’s good at as seen by more goals than assists. By being able to change which side we attack would make it harder for teams to scout us, or combat what we do

It's been established Mings can't play at LB and he has blamed his physique for his previous injury problems at left back.

Maybe all we need to do to sign top players, is offer them more " kinky "

" Pau Torres at Villa is done. Personal conditions agreed with kinky. Lots of love for Emery and dreams of playing Premier League football.

Soon my friends ⏳ "

As in Torres thread.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 3