Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Play players out of position before players in their position ?

We were at bare bones mate. He had to play Donk, there was no other choice.  Next season the squad will be stronger and Donk won’t have a place in it.

The post i replied to made out he got selected because it was a crucial game.

I mean he literally plays mcginn in that role when Kamara and Luiz are fit so you are chatting bollocks

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, macandally said:

I know it’s a forum but every thread being plagued by varying (but some repeat) individuals who make sweeping statements about players ability, intent or what Emery or his system will do with them is getting really, really, really boring. 

Speculate by all means, but don’t make statements you have absolutely no clue about as if it’s gospel! 

Agreed. If people just want to assert an existing squad member is “shit” or whatever, they could do so in the thread for the individual player rather than clog up this one. 

• Like 1

Just scrolling a few pages to catch up.

Even people’s arguments this year about why a certain existing squad member is bad or why a certain signing would be terrible seem so much more positive this year than any time I can remember. 

Basically all the speculation and opinions are entirely worthless because we all know Emery will make us better whomever he brings in the door. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Firstly, we do need a CB. To the people saying we don’t, please enlighten me as to what happens if, in a season  where we could  be playing 60+ games, Mings or Konsa get injured? Or tired? Or out of form?

Carlos coming off such a big injury is a big risk to take as our only back up. So him aside, what?  We stick with Chambers? Or move Kamara back and weaken our midfield? Is that what a side chasing CL football and trying to compete in 3 cup competitions at the same time would do?

Is it F*%<!

Torres is quality, he improves our first team and builds our strength in depth. I doubt we’ll buy out his release clause, this news is probably a bit of mind games, but I’m not worrying about it. Unai/Monchi know what they are doing.

I don’t think anyone’s against bringing him in. It’s just it seems a bit silly spending £40/50m on a centre half given we’re strong there as is.

If we can get him for the right price, sure, not sure anyone would turn him away.

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Straight outta Jerusalem this one…

€40m plus the guarantee of a testimonial. 

IMG_1304.png

Along with this ‘cryptic’ tweet from Project B6. Weird they’ve now started being ITK. They obviously know people at the club, but it’s odd that they’re being allowed to leak some information, if it’s genuine! It would be weird for them to be making stuff up though, it’s not your usual attention seeking account. 

15 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Along with this ‘cryptic’ tweet from Project B6. Weird they’ve now started being ITK. They obviously know people at the club, but it’s odd that they’re being allowed to leak some information, if it’s genuine! It would be weird for them to be making stuff up though, it’s not your usual attention seeking account. 

Yeah, I thought the same tbh. Is the club ok with them teasing the fans and potentially letting info slip? 🤷‍♂️ No idea but I do think they’re genuine.

It’s good to see them involved though, appreciate all their efforts and they’ve only helped and improved matters such as the atmosphere at VP. Think they had a hard time in the past and weren’t made to feel very welcome (rejected or sidelined by the club in the past), still get unnecessary and unwarranted criticism and jibes from a few dumbass “fans” but glad to see them ignore that shite. That video was exceptional 👏 

I find these teases annoying though 🤣 I’d prefer some more clarity 🤣

I’m guessing the owl one was OW11 - Watkins new contract.

And yeah, this line of poetry in reference to Kudus.

Could be way off though 😆

Edited by Jas10

43 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Firstly, we do need a CB. To the people saying we don’t, please enlighten me as to what happens if, in a season  where we could  be playing 60+ games, Mings or Konsa get injured? Or tired? Or out of form?

Carlos coming off such a big injury is a big risk to take as our only back up. So him aside, what?  We stick with Chambers? Or move Kamara back and weaken our midfield? Is that what a side chasing CL football and trying to compete in 3 cup competitions at the same time would do?

Is it F*%<!

Torres is quality, he improves our first team and builds our strength in depth. I doubt we’ll buy out his release clause, this news is probably a bit of mind games, but I’m not worrying about it. Unai/Monchi know what they are doing.

Most teams don't rotate CBs or have €65m cover in case of injury

• Like 1

If some of the rumours are true then could we see Goncalves, Kudus and Guler come in? 

That would be some skill coming in to add to the McGinn graft and Ramsey potential. 

Would certainly give us to more options up top and out wide.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah, I thought the same tbh. Is the club ok with them teasing the fans and potentially letting info slip? 🤷‍♂️ No idea but I do think they’re genuine.

It’s good to see them involved though, appreciate all their efforts and they’ve only helped and improved matters such as the atmosphere at VP. Think they had a hard time in the past and weren’t made to feel very welcome (rejected or sidelined by the club in the past), still get unnecessary and unwarranted criticism and jibes from a few dumbass “fans” but glad to see them ignore that shite. That video was exceptional 👏 

I find these teases annoying though 🤣 I’d prefer some more clarity 🤣

I’m guessing the owl one was OW11 - Watkins new contract.

And yeah, this line of poetry in reference to Kudus.

Could be way off though 😆

Maybe it was 'compensation' for the kit launch video going to shit?

26 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

God, this shit is so pathetic. That's that account blocked. Total loser dweebs.

• Haha 1