Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 hour ago, Jono62 said:

Tap in Fabrizio: 🚨PSG looking at Davis ⚠️ No contact made, they are testing the waters 💦 #PSG

I’m convinced he’s on their payroll. Does a great job hyping up PSG and who they are interested in or will sign. 

1 hour ago, allani said:

Based just on goals scored our attack came in at equal 10th best (with Leicester) and the worst in the top half of the table last season (and yeah I know SG but).  Goals against we were joint 5th (with Brentford).  So whilst it is a massive simplification to just look at those stats - they do pretty much confirm your hypothesis.

Wow amazed at how close i was just off the top of the dome 😮

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Interesting… so, what do you think needs to happen or which (sort) of players should we sign to further improve/strengthen that area?

I think our midfield is better than good, I think it’s great with the potential to become  “top” or elite, particularly when you look at Luiz, Kamara and Ramsey (depending on what position he will settle in, LM/LW can’t be ruled out…). McGinn has been playing out of his skin under Unai but… I’m not sure what his main position is and will be and I still spot deficiencies in his game which he makes up for with tenacity, determination and drive…

I also believe we did dominate games or midfields that we weren’t expected to have and surprised a few opponents. I’d mainly put this down to Unai but he’s also shown that we do have some actual quality in our squad that just needed some proper coaching and to be set up correctly, such as being played in their correct positions/roles and given proper instruction - just look at the improvement in Luiz under Unai. I expect them all to improve further with more time.

Tielemans is a great addition and I do believe that Unai will have him performing near if not at his peak ability. 

It’s remarkable, the difference having a top/elite manager and coach can have… he has done incredible work but he’s only getting started!

It’s so pleasing how young they are too, Luiz and Kamara could seriously go on to become one of the best midfield partnerships in the league if we manage to hold on to them… the potential is massive.

No doubt our attack needs to improve but I was just focussing on solely our midfield, and now I’m not too bothered about who other teams sign in that area (even if I like or rate those players). I think we can still be competitive and maybe we need other areas of our side to better complement our midfield.

I don’t want to be complacent though and I wouldn’t rule out at least another addition in that department. 

Our defence has been good but can be further improved. Especially in the fullback areas… 

It just seems like it’s the midfield that needs the “least work” but I’m always open to and happy for us to enhance our team and squad as much as possible.

Attack needs the most work, no doubt about that at all. We must be much more clinical and ruthless.

Yeah I basically echo everything you’ve said here … so id say two forward players RW/SS + LW/CF... definitely a solid RB , goes without saying a Olsen replacement and a CB (maybe)… i think that central midfield area is complete with the addition of Tielemans.

Edited by RicRic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Interesting… so, what do you think needs to happen or which (sort) of players should we sign to further improve/strengthen that area?

I think our midfield is better than good, I think it’s great with the potential to become  “top” or elite, particularly when you look at Luiz, Kamara and Ramsey (depending on what position he will settle in, LM/LW can’t be ruled out…). McGinn has been playing out of his skin under Unai but… I’m not sure what his main position is and will be and I still spot deficiencies in his game which he makes up for with tenacity, determination and drive…

I also believe we did dominate games or midfields that we weren’t expected to have and surprised a few opponents. I’d mainly put this down to Unai but he’s also shown that we do have some actual quality in our squad that just needed some proper coaching and to be set up correctly, such as being played in their correct positions/roles and given proper instruction - just look at the improvement in Luiz under Unai. I expect them all to improve further with more time.

Tielemans is a great addition and I do believe that Unai will have him performing near if not at his peak ability. 

It’s remarkable, the difference having a top/elite manager and coach can have… he has done incredible work but he’s only getting started!

It’s so pleasing how young they are too, Luiz and Kamara could seriously go on to become one of the best midfield partnerships in the league if we manage to hold on to them… the potential is massive.

No doubt our attack needs to improve but I was just focussing on solely our midfield, and now I’m not too bothered about who other teams sign in that area (even if I like or rate those players). I think we can still be competitive and maybe we need other areas of our side to better complement our midfield.

I don’t want to be complacent though and I wouldn’t rule out at least another addition in that department. 

Our defence has been good but can be further improved. Especially in the fullback areas… 

It just seems like it’s the midfield that needs the “least work” but I’m always open to and happy for us to enhance our team and squad as much as possible.

Attack needs the most work, no doubt about that at all. We must be much more clinical and ruthless.

Sorry. Crossed wires. I think that our midfield players are defo good enough . Its the fullbacks and forwards that will make the midfield function even better. With better ball retention the percentage of play will improve 

They arent great yet but who is to say that Man Citys midfield would look so good if it wasnt for their strengths elsewhere and their total inability to give possession up 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, rubberman said:

I'm going to be very happy if we sign Largie and Fati. 

Mmmm 🤔 22 yrs of age, only worth £6m on transfmrkt plus 5ft 6 in .. I know i sound judgmental but im not seeing anything that wows me… however he does look like a mouthwatering player when hes dribbling around, but would sign him only if hes not coming in to start just yet.

2 hours ago, RicRic said:

Mmmm 🤔 22 yrs of age, only worth £6m on transfmrkt plus 5ft 6 in .. I know i sound judgmental but im not seeing anything that wows me… however he does look like a mouthwatering player when hes dribbling around, but would sign him only if hes not coming in to start just yet.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Just checked YouTube for Arda Guller as I know he is rated but I haven't seen him play AND I don't think much of his stats due to his lack of full 90's or even playing time in general but **** me he looks talented.

I'd settle for an outgoing at this point. Naka to Luton or something. Sanson to Strasbourg

Hopefully when we near the end of the month the Spanish teams need to agree deals before their La Liga financial window for the year shuts. Maybe we can get a deal done then for someone. Anyone

Positive thoughts.

1) Kamara only started half of the PL games under Emery and half the games last season due to injury. Having him fit for a season will improve us.

2) Diego Carlos is back and hopefully fully fit to compete with Konsa/Mings

3) Coutinho wasn't fully fit for more than 2 games under Emery but he looked very good in those. We can be hopeful Emery can get the best out of him

4) Archer is back after a strong loan spell and Duran will hopefully improve after settling in more and a full preseason

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

3) Coutinho wasn't fully fit for more than 2 games under Emery but he looked very good in those. We can be hopeful Emery can get the best out of him

Stevenage was under Emery

12 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Stevenage was under Emery

And? A game we lost due to errors when Coutinho wasn't on the pitch. He didn't play well that day but he did in his last two games before he got injured. 

So we can hope Emery can get the best out of him and he stays fit 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He was fit for 8 games under Emery.

He came off the bench in 7 of them, started 1 of them and was on the bench as an unused sub in the other.

48 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'd settle for an outgoing at this point. Naka to Luton or something. Sanson to Strasbourg

Hopefully when we near the end of the month the Spanish teams need to agree deals before their La Liga financial window for the year shuts. Maybe we can get a deal done then for someone. Anyone

Positive thoughts.

1) Kamara only started half of the PL games under Emery and half the games last season due to injury. Having him fit for a season will improve us.

2) Diego Carlos is back and hopefully fully fit to compete with Konsa/Mings

4) Archer is back after a strong loan spell and Duran will hopefully improve after settling in more and a full preseason

True in theory yet a couple of injuries and we are in trouble...

Villa must keep much of the squad from last season and add at least two to three first eleven starters.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

True in theory yet a couple of injuries and we are in trouble...

You can apply that to pretty much every team in PL bar City. Manure were rubbish when Casemiro was out injured. Spurs would be even worse without Kane etc etc

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

You can apply that to pretty much every team in PL bar City. Manure were rubbish when Casemiro was out injured. Spurs would be even worse without Kane etc etc

Arsenal fell to pieces as well when Saliba was out injured at the end of the season.

We actually done okay when you think about it without Carlos all season and Kamara for half of it.

30 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

And? A game we lost due to errors when Coutinho wasn't on the pitch. He didn't play well that day but he did in his last two games before he got injured. 

So we can hope Emery can get the best out of him and he stays fit 

He made a lot of errors that day through shit shooting and contributed to the loss

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yup, it's why Villa need a stronger squad...

More games equals more injuries or fatigue.

• Like 1