Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Just now, nick76 said:

We were also linked with Rodrygo who apparently has a £3m relegation release clause and worked with Emery before

Oh yeah that's right. Forgot about that one.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We were also linked with Rodrygo who apparently has a £3m relegation release clause and worked with Emery before

To be honest on a short term deal I wouldn’t scoff at the opportunity to buy Rodrigo yes he’s 32 but he’s proven to be a double figure premier league forward can lead the line and play a deeper role. I think he’s and option if other targets aren’t available.

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

To be honest on a short term deal I wouldn’t scoff at the opportunity to buy Rodrigo yes he’s 32 but he’s proven to be a double figure premier league forward can lead the line and play a deeper role. I think he’s and option if other targets aren’t available.

I think even if we get our other bigger targets we should get him, cheap, cheap, cheap and not a bad back up.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

image.jpeg.4299e07b1db0dcad887d0de09f70bec8.jpeg

Now that we are missing our number 1 motivator in the dressing room (Young) 

Unai emery has decided to sign Mr Bumford as a real live punching bag in the dressing room as a stress reliever.😛😛

14 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Agree, 2 year deal would be alright.

I still think Archer should be the back up next year

1 hour ago, allani said:

I think we need our front 3 scoring 10 + goals each.  We don't score enough and are too reliant on Ollie.

This is bang on.

you need your striker to get 15

you need the two other ‘forwards’ to get near 10 and you need their sub replacements/ rotation options to get half what they do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

So this idea of guaranteed starts is not quite right. But yes he would expect to by a regular first team player to join us, or pretty much any team. If he has ambition he'll want to play wherever he goes, and if he doesn't he'll move on.

Also he cost Athletico 100 million so they want to recoup as much of that as possible. Simeone has been huge for them, his importance trumps Felix, so Felix has to go as they don't get on. 

He was talking about kondogbia 

Just looked at last few pages on Rodrigo thread on Leeds forum Waccoe.

He's a million miles off Hernandez's passing ability, all his through balls have too much pace and go straight out of play
get this **** word removed out of our club
Too little too late for me , cant wait for him to leave. He irritates me massively with his pretend pressing.
Hopefully some other stupid words removed will buy the lazy rocket polisher now.
Spain must be desperate
God he's been shite overall really. We shouldn't bother with expensive signings anymore, waste of time
Best game I’ve seen him actually close players down and make a challenge... His 3rd season

And there were lots more negative comments beside those, there were some positive ones as well, such as might do a job in the Championship, better than Bamford, and 'he's our best finisher', but overall he hasn't been great at Leeds at all, feel like people are just looking at the fact he scored thirteen goals last season and the reported low transfer fee in coming to the conclusion that we should sign him but truth be told overall he's been poor, thirteen goals this season, but just eight and seven in the previous two, and only four assists across three seasons, also won't be as cheap as people think as wil cost a lot of money in wages.

We've just done well in selling Ings, an older player who we were paying a lot of money just to be a back-up option, why would we then replace him with Rodrigo who would have the same role, would be on similar wages, but is older and isn't as good in front of goal, it's not even as if Rodrigo's general play has been good.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TomC said:

You can argue that he's better on the left than the right, but that's not where he prefers playing.

He has always been capable of playing on both and has always preferred the right. See this interview with him when he was in the Bundesliga:

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/leon-bailey-10-things-on-bayer-leverkusen-s-jamaica-winger-usain-bolt-5302

🤷🏻‍♂️its kind of irrelevant though isn't it.

Messi thought his best position was on the right until Pep moved him central.

Grealish thought his best position was central.

At one point in time most would say Gareth Bale is a LB, Thierry Henry is a left winger, Dwight Yorke a winger, David Luiz a CB, Phil Jones a DM, Gareth Barry a CB.

Leon Bailey plays better on the left 😄

• Like 1

Would be perfect to partner Watkins in the deeper striker role, but I’m afraid he’d spend more time on the sick bed than Diego Carlos.

On a separate note, he was a Monchi signing at Roma, one of the few signings he got right there. Maybe Monchi is imminent?

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Would be perfect to partner Watkins in the deeper striker role, but I’m afraid he’d spend more time on the sick bed than Diego Carlos.

On a separate note, he was a Monchi signing at Roma, one of the few signings he got right there. Maybe Monchi is imminent?

Diego Carlos has had one major injury in his career at 30 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Hopefully not. That means we won’t have managed to move him on in the Summer.

You really think we’ll be selling Buendia? I don’t think there is a chance in hell he’s leaving this summer.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1