Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

why?, Donk will be an excellent squad player, why would we want to spend any money to replace him?

Better off spunking any money we have elsewhere.

Agree

I think we give him one more year paired with timbo another year on loan and then make the decision what we do with both obviously hoping donk gets sold and timbo steps up costing us nothing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

I remember people slating then for saying Grealish was off during the Euros for £100m, then a month later it happened. 🤪

True... To be fair " Football Insider " did as well, and we all laughed it off.

Tielemens is a very astute signing. His role is similar to Luiz in that he is a deep playmaker type.  He plays for Belgium alongside Dendonker. So we basically have two good quality midfield duos in Kamara and Luiz, and Dendonker and Tielemens. With Iroegbunam back up to those two (if he doesn't go back out on loan).

Oxlade-Chamberlin is a good player perfect for the wide midfielder role, but as we all know is injury prone and not worth it. Pay as you play deal the only way we even consider, so smells like media BS.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Tielemens is a very astute signing. His role is similar to Luiz in that he is a deep playmaker type.  He plays for Belgium alongside Dendonker. So we basically have two good quality midfield duos in Kamara and Luiz, and Dendonker and Tielemens. With Iroegbunam back up to those two (if he doesn't go back out on loan).

Oxlade-Chamberlin is a good player perfect for the wide midfielder role, but as we all know is injury prone and not worth it. Pay as you play deal the only way we even consider, so smells like media BS.

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Oxlade Chamberlain, long past hie sell by date. Let's see some real ambition to match all the talk we were hearing. 

Aren't we randomly.linked with him every window as well?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

With Tielemans now done we have to decide if we want to replace Dendonker as a option for DM

Not for me.  He's a good backup for Kamara.  So I would like to keep him.

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

why?, Donk will be an excellent squad player, why would we want to spend any money to replace him?

Better off spunking any money we have elsewhere.

Because we have one really good DM and he has been injured for fair chunks this season. Get it sorted and it locks off the midfield.

58 minutes ago, allani said:

Not for me.  He's a good backup for Kamara.  So I would like to keep him.

Kamara gets injured in game 10 of 55 this year.......

Do you want Dendonker playing in his place for however many games that is?

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Because we have one really good DM and he has been injured for fair chunks this season. Get it sorted and it locks off the midfield.

dont see it tbh.

we have luiz, kamara, Tielemans and Donk for a midfield 2, or even a midfield 3 if Emery wants to play a 3-man midfield.

to me, thats just called good depth, not sure why we would want to thin our squad again, we have one of the smallest squads in the PL at the moment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

dont see it tbh.

we have luiz, kamara, Tielemans and Donk for a midfield 2, or even a midfield 3 if Emery wants to play a 3-man midfield.

to me, thats just called good depth, not sure why we would want to thin our squad again, we have one of the smallest squads in the PL at the moment.

My suggestion is to replace Dendonker to lock off central midfield, that doesn't make our squad smaller.

It isn't like he is a terrible player, it is just if Kamara is injured none of Tielemans isn't a DM and Luiz isn't a true DM either he is a hybrid. The drop off from Kamara to Dendonker is too big IMO