Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 hours ago, picicata said:

So basically he's just repeated all the existing rumours? The guys an idiot

The biggest other BS is that we wouldn’t pay £25m for Guendouzi. Hard to take him seriously at the best of times. 

1 minute ago, Gompedyret said:

Yeah, it's like rain on your wedding day.

Welcome our new RW, 10,000 spoons taped together into a human analogue. 

12 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I thought the Athletic didn’t do transfer speculation?

Why would you think that? They just as a rule only report on stuff when there is a basis to it. Ornstein works for them and it doesn't get any more reliable than him on transfers.

6 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Why would you think that? They just as a rule only report on stuff when there is a basis to it. Ornstein works for them and it doesn't get any more reliable than him on transfers.

To be fair when they launched a few years ago I remember they did make a big song and dance about how you wouldn’t find them joining the transfer speculation with the rest of the media and they only dealed in facts and well researched journalism. They seemed to have rowed back on that in recent years presumably as the public blood love transfer rumours and it sells subscriptions. 

Edited by mikeyjavfc

9 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Tap in merchant after Fabrizio has tweeted

Romano is a major tap in merchant though. Never forget how he claimed Carney was signing for Dortmund. Twitter encourages a lot more speculation and less actual digging when it comes to transfer stuff. 

45 minutes ago, TRO said:

I'm glad your impatient, thought it was just me.

The natural inclination as a fan for so many years has been relief that the season has ended. It certainly doesn't feel like that this time, as it's such a treat to watch us play these days.I just want to get going again.

Plus I'm bored of debating the minutiae of players we may or may not sign; it'd be much nicer to talk about where someone fits into our team rather than may fit.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

To be fair when they launched a few years ago I remember they did make a big song and dance about how you wouldn’t find them joining the transfer speculation with the rest of the media and they only dealed in facts and well researched journalism. They seemed to have rowed back on that in recent years presumably as the public blood love transfer rumours and it sells subscriptions. 

As far as I remember they didn't say that they wouldn't indulge in it at all, more so that it wouldn't happen without justification. Regardless, that was a long time ago and they obviously do cover transfer now. Pretty reliably in most cases.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

He all but suggested he was off to Germany in a reply to a German football news page 

My suspicion is..............He thought he was the new Jude Belligham..

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He all but suggested he was off to Germany in a reply to a German football news page 

Yeah, he said Germany was looking likely for him rather than outright state he was moving to Dortmund. Which possibly was the case only for Chelsea to come in with an extortionate/better offer as they did with several players across the two windows such as Cucurella and Mudryk, despite them being close to going to other clubs previously. Not particularly inconceivable or proof of him being some kind of spoofer.

Edited by Indigo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

the noises from the club are that we have BIG plans for this window

that list hardly smacks of these ambitions 

I agree but that list may be some of the names The Athletic/Gregg has heard us discuss amongst our club or through intermediaries. 

I think there’s names that haven’t been mentioned yet that we could be in for

I wonder what sort of numbers we will see? 3-4 players with £100+m net spend? I think that sounds about right. 
I know the squad needs beefing out but we know better than most that buying 12 new players doesn’t work

30 minutes ago, TRO said:

My suspicion is..............He thought he was the new Jude Belligham..

Bellingham is only 4 months older than Chuckey! I’m surprised by that

Edited by alreadyexists