Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Any Serie A fans think Rasmus Hojlund, is worth the hype and a worthy target ?  

Also believe we will be more likely to sign someone like Pino, Baena, Molerio or Veiga than Xavi Simons although what a talent. 

Got a feeling Emery is going to pull out at least 1 'Moreno esque' signing. 

As in, a player that many of us probably wouldn't get over excited about, is just plying their trade under the radar, but would fit into his system effortlessly and we will all be saying they are bloody brilliant. 

I've never felt so relaxed going into a summer window. Sometimes we've been linked to a player and it's a bit underwhelming but with Emery I reckon he could improve anyone, we've seen it already with this squad, so we should trust the process and know that come the start of next season, we will have exactly what Emery feels we need to challenge. That's good enough for me. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, paul514 said:

You know I was just thinking if PSG are now signing Asensio, then now is the perfect time to move for Simons

for those of you that don’t know him….

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/xavi-simons/profil/spieler/566931

With you on the above but my worry is Simons tends to play predominantly on the left hand side so PSG could possibly go with Simons on the left and Asensio on the right. I was hoping they’d go for Cherki on the right and that would have left us with a free hit at Asensio.

Not a RW but I think Jonathan David could be good as an Asensio alternative as he tends to play on the right up top, whereas Ollie is mainly on the left.

Would cost a bomb though, which is perhaps why we were in for Asensio on a free in the first place. 

32 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

As in, a player that many of us probably wouldn't get over excited about, is just plying their trade under the radar, but would fit into his system effortlessly and we will all be saying they are bloody brilliant. 

I've never felt so relaxed going into a summer window. Sometimes we've been linked to a player and it's a bit underwhelming but with Emery I reckon he could improve anyone, we've seen it already with this squad, so we should trust the process and know that come the start of next season, we will have exactly what Emery feels we need to challenge. That's good enough for me. 

I think he will bring someone "unexpected" in

Im excited 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Yeah for sure. At the moment it seems like we're trying hard to get a marquee signing done early to make the rest easier, but I'm sure we'll see a couple like you mention soon enough.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, burchy said:

With you on the above but my worry is Simons tends to play predominantly on the left hand side so PSG could possibly go with Simons on the left and Asensio on the right. I was hoping they’d go for Cherki on the right and that would have left us with a free hit at Asensio.

Not a RW but I think Jonathan David could be good as an Asensio alternative as he tends to play on the right up top, whereas Ollie is mainly on the left.

Would cost a bomb though, which is perhaps why we were in for Asensio on a free in the first place. 

If the bar set by Pepe and Osimhen is anything to go by, then definitely.

I'd also be very hesitant to spend that much on any player, let alone one from ligue 1. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

The issue we are having is the leaks are happening in the press and its affecting trying to go about our business done early and privately like we like doing

I hear that a lot and I am not sure it's true.

The agent has called all interested parties. All scouts know who is available at any given time. Everyone in Europe knew Asensio was a fee agent. 

Just because, let's say, Villa and AC Milan were interested in Asensio, and all of a sudden it get's leaked, PSG are not gonna say 'hey, what about this guy? Shall we spend £80m on him?'

Just because some twitter storytellers make us aware of things, it doesn't mean clubs that were interested change their approach.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I hear that a lot and I am not sure it's true.

The agent has called all interested parties. All scouts know who is available at any given time. Everyone in Europe knew Asensio was a fee agent. 

Just because, let's say, Villa and AC Milan were interested in Asensio, and all of a sudden it get's leaked, PSG are not gonna say 'hey, what about this guy? Shall we spend £80m on him?'

Just because some twitter storytellers make us aware of things, it doesn't mean clubs that were interested change their approach.

It seems to me though they jump in as soon as its leaked we havs made a offer. Once PSG came in we didnt have a chance. We might find this alot this summer.

Trying to get the best players in you have significant competition 

The good thing though is our owners and the management structure in place seem so organised that they we have various options in place when we miss out on a player.  Emerys going to get it right i have no doubt about that 

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

Tierney has Newcastle all over it. He’ll be closer to his family in Scotland, he can still get to play Champions League and he will get regular minutes. 

Meanwhile Targett falls further down the order.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

LB is definitely a position at need to strengthen! 🙄Total BS.

Does anyone think that we might consider rescuing Victor Kristiansen, from his forthcoming season in the Championship? 

• Confused 1