Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

42 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Cost for a single season knowing if he does well he moves on to another club. We'd be paying in the £20-25m for one season wages+loan fee

I know it is theoretical but I’m glad you aren’t spending my money

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I know it is theoretical but I’m glad you aren’t spending my money

Aren't we agreeing? We both think it's not a good deal. Or do you think spending 20-25m for a season loan is good business?

Edited by CVByrne

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Is Benjamin Pavard realistic or will he just end up at another CL club? You'd think that would be Emery's wet dream of an RB given he won a World cup in that position and was more of a CB for Stuttgart and at times Bayern.

They want to move him on now. Mane also not worked out and will likely be sold. Very unlikely but again that would be ridiculous fit for what we need in final third.

Unrealistic imo, also he wants to play at CB so not sure his vision would align with what Unai would really want out of him

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Felix going back to athletico it seems with poch not wanting to keep him. I wonder if we’ll try for him.

Felix hell yes. He was playing under difficult circumstances at chelsea and he looked veey good in patches. Imagine under emery? I think he could be fantastic 

Need to get in there quick

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Aren't we agreeing? We both think it's not a good deal. Or do you think spending 20-25m for a season loan is good business?

If that player takes us up 3/4 places or more then yeah, it is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Must have replied to the wrong person.

29 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

If that player takes us up 3/4 places or more then yeah, it is. 

He won’t take us up 3/4 places!

we are likely to play an extra half season of games next year!

47 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

PSG is all about Middle Eastern money. I'm not surprised that top footballers want to join PSG because I know that there are only a couple of things that are driving them .... Greed, and a very easy qualification for Champions League football every season.

I lived in France back in the 70's, and it's a laid back parochial lifestyle. It's reasonably attractive and the weather is nice if you go a lot further south than Paris, but forget football because it's very ordinary and poorly supported. If Qatar hadn't decided to do a bit of "sport washing" by buying PSG we wouldn't be talking about French football. The big names in football have sold out and settled for playing in a sub standard league for one thing .... MONEY.

If players that we approach would rather play in France (Paris) then I have no interest in them and their lack of ambition.

France is a feeder league with one top team

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Is Benjamin Pavard realistic or will he just end up at another CL club? You'd think that would be Emery's wet dream of an RB given he won a World cup in that position and was more of a CB for Stuttgart and at times Bayern.

They want to move him on now. Mane also not worked out and will likely be sold. Very unlikely but again that would be ridiculous fit for what we need in final third.

Mane would be a ridiculous signing. Pretty much exactly the kind of player we need, and he's pretty much the best at it.

I’d say no to Felix in all honesty. I’m always sceptical of these big reputation style players who have actually consistently disappointed and underachieved despite their status as apparent top players. He might have great technical ability but i think typical arguments of “doesn’t fit the system” are often synonymous with just not being effective enough on the pitch.

Edited by david-avfc

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Crazy to think that we'd already confirmed Kamara and Carlos by this time last year.

I assume all the leagues finished a bit earlier.  I suspect a lot of deals will start getting announced within the next couple of weeks.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Crazy to think that we'd already confirmed Kamara and Carlos by this time last year.

I saw on Twitter someone already complaining about the recruitment team’s lack of ambition and how we need to get a move on already. Ffs the window isn’t even open for another two weeks and other leagues haven’t wrapped their seasons up yet. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I saw on Twitter someone already complaining about the recruitment team’s lack of ambition and how we need to get a move on already. Ffs the window isn’t even open for another two weeks and other leagues haven’t wrapped their seasons up yet. 

The fans on social media are genuinely more painful than the actual transfer windows.

Couple that with no Villa Football distraction ( Or school ) for a couple of months and it's a nightmare.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, david-avfc said:

I’d say no to Felix in all honesty. I’m always sceptical of these big reputation style players who have actually consistently disappointed and underachieved despite their status as apparent top players. He might have great technical ability but i think typical arguments of “doesn’t fit the system” are often synonymous with just not being effective enough on the pitch.

I don’t like most of such signings, I wasn’t excited with Coutinho or even Dinge, but I think Joao is another level. He clearly fit the system (and not many team can play him unless they change their system. 

I think the only player who isn’t getting benefit out of our system is Leon Bailey, he’s much more effective on the right side. Before Emery I’d doubt a lot of signings as many won’t make sense with how different is it from reality. Especially Joao can’t play perfectly unless with teams the play false 9, which I’ve never liked before Emery. 

I haven’t watched a lot of Chelsea but whenever I watch them I think he was a threat. For me it’s not about stats only, it’s how dangerous you’re during a game. 

Joao, Williams, Ugarte 😅, Pau Torres and a right back. Or probably just rotate Cash and Konsa. I think with those signings we could have a good push to top 4. Then next season try to upgrade on Watkins.