Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

My suspicion is that we will go for a couple of high-profile, high-quality free signings that leave us with a bit more in the pot to go for another couple of expensive signings.

I think players like Ceballos and Asensio are being chased because of that, with others such as Nelson, and Bellarin being the notch below. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Better than Buendia 

tbh, Harrison is a good player, always thought he played well whenever i saw him.

Not saying we should/shouldnt sign him, but i think he is a lot better than many ppl think he is.

Just now, MaVilla said:

tbh, Harrison is a good player, always thought he played well whenever i saw him.

Not saying we should/shouldnt sign him, but i think he is a lot better than many ppl think he is.

He’s a decent player, but not much better than what we have tbh.

Players like Harrison and Barnes are a bit meh really. 

• Like 2

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

He’s a decent player, but not much better than what we have tbh.

Players like Harrison and Barnes are a bit meh really. 

ye, not saying they are world beaters, im just saying he isnt terrible, i think he gets a lot of bad stick because he's a leeds player, rather than looking at the ability of the individual.

Barnes and Harrison are good players, but again, not implying we should buy them.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Think one of the issues is, and i'm certainly guilty of this myself, is that we want exciting " names ".

There are certainly some very good British players with shite names but they don't being the same excitement.

Jackson Harissonaiz and Harvu Barnetti would probably sound better. lol

• Like 2

Do we try for Felix again? Unrealistic? Shit time at Chelsea and was only there on loan?

Goncalves?

We really need to add goals to this side, some real “killers” or clinical finishers…

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Think one of the issues is, and i'm certainly guilty of this myself, is that we want exciting " names ".

There are certainly some very good British players with shite names but they don't being the same excitement.

Jackson Harissonaiz and Harvu Barnetti would probably sound better. lol

No more British managers and no more British players 🤣🤣🤣

I think we could see some major coups or shock signings… we’re on a major upward trajectory and have huge ambition and a genuinely elite manager with a track record and allure… Unai will take us so far if he’s given as much backing as possible…

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Do we try for Felix again? Unrealistic? Shit time at Chelsea and was only there on loan?

Didn’t he say the other day he’s enjoyed being there and hopes he can stay under the new manager? I’m sure I read that somewhere.

Has anyone mentioned Milner on a free? If we can dig up the corpse of Downing and renew Young’s contract we could have a vintage Villa midfield trio for when we’re playing FC Halstatt on a Thursday night

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Goncalves?

We really need to add goals to this side, some real “killers” or clinical finishers…

Felix was quoted I think last week saying he wants to stay at Chelsea, but it’s out of his control