Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Wasn’t the reports yesterday we are in advanced negotiations with him and Liverpool were only linked with him but nothing more?

Typical conflicting reports from the media…nobody knows anything.

Hard to know what is true and what isn’t. Liverpool seemed to be linked with every midfielder, so maybe it is just bollocks.

We’ve been scouting Sporting games, so seems we are definitely interested in somebody there. Ugarte would be a machine under Emery.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sne said:

So who would people pick between Ugarte, Khephren Thuram, Lavia or Palhinha when factoring in age, transfer fee, salary and what not?

Probably pick Thuram but he might be the least realistic.

We should have signed K. Thuram last year as his stock has risen somewhat now. Good player but Ugarte edges it for me. Palhinha is a great player but Fulham will pull everyone’s pants down for him now.

Not sure about Lavia as sometimes there’s way more hype and media focus on ex Man City youngsters.

There’s some decent DMs coming thorough now whereas previously there were only a handle. 

I like the look of Lesley Ugochukwu, he’s similar to Thuram but bigger and likes a tackle. Only 19, youth French player that will only get better. 

Might be worth us shopping in South America too as there’s some strong talent there as well. 

Edited by burchy
Dodgy predictive text
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Hard to know what is true and what isn’t. Liverpool seemed to be linked with every midfielder, so maybe it is just bollocks.

We’ve been scouting Sporting games, so seems we are definitely interested in somebody there. Ugarte would be a machine under Emery.

Yep agree.  At least we are being linked with quality players constantly, which suggests if it isn’t Ugarte it’ll still be somebody of quality.

I think for Ugarte, it depends if Mendes does Nas a solid and paves the way for him to come here, similar to the Wolves deals. 

If not think he’ll end up at Liverpool annoyingly

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

The problem with scouting Sporting is it could be their whole blooming team. I’d take Ugarte, Goncalves, Inacio and Diomande off them without even blinking

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, burchy said:

We should have signed K. Thuram last year as his stock has rises somewhat now. Good player but Ugarte edges it for me. Playing a is a great player but Fulham will pull everyone’s pants down for him now.

Not sure about Lavia as sometimes there’s way more hype and media focus on ex Man City youngsters.

There’s some decent DMs coming thorough now whereas previously there were only a handle. 

I like the look of Lesley Ugochukwu, he’s similar to Thuram but bigger and likes a tackle. Only 19, youth French player that will only get better. 

Might be worth us shopping in South America too as there’s some strong talent there as well. 

I'd be delighted with either Ugarte (always wanted us to have a Uruguayan player and Ugarte is great) Palhinha (wathced him a fair bit before he went to Fulham and hoped we'd sign him before we got Kamara) or Thuram who'd add a bit different traits then the previous 2.

Lavia would also be a interesting signing but more of a squad option with huge potential rather than a given starter. 

17 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Can’t see it. Would have been great under Smith with Grealish winning free kicks. 

That would just be a cheat code to winning everything 

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Wasn’t the reports yesterday we are in advanced negotiations with him and Liverpool were only linked with him but nothing more?

Typical conflicting reports from the media…nobody knows anything.

Liverpool have been tapping him up and his agents have been talking a lot about Liverpool in the media

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Liverpool have been tapping him up and his agents have been talking a lot about Liverpool in the media

Fair enough! Sounds like we have been doing the same though.

10 minutes ago, burchy said:

I think for Ugarte, it depends if Mendes does Nas a solid and paves the way for him to come here, similar to the Wolves deals. 

Yeah this Mendes link could really do us some favours in the future.

34 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

I take it with a pinch of salt ..but I've heard from a source...who is reliable....

We are back in for Ward Prowse.

Cant see it myself...JWP has got west ham all.over it if Rice leaves 

A bit better at set pieces that Dougie.A lot worse at everything else.
Don't think we'd spend the money it would take to make the team no better.

As others have said - Newcastle. But WHam is a good call too in those circumstances. 

13 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

A bit better at set pieces that Dougie.A lot worse at everything else.
Don't think we'd spend the money it would take to make the team no better.

As others have said - Newcastle. But WHam is a good call too in those circumstances. 

JWP is a stunning player. Battling, versatile, goalscoring midfielder. Massively underrated and should have had a bunch of England caps by now. He'd become a monster under Emery. 

If the price tag isn't ridiculous we should get him in.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, paul514 said:

Not me, I recognise that money makes football go round and you need to have a budget that is in the ball park if the top teams what ever that is.

so Liverpool for example just don’t get what Man Utd does but they still heavily compete with them through good practice.

you can’t compete with a billion with a revenue of 200m

True but also to consider everyone pretty much will have a max spend of circa 200-300m so if you have a owner worth £10bn quid who is willing to spend then its no different to the owner who has £100bn i.e a newcastle, its just gonna be a case of meeting that region to spend in which if reports are true we are part of.

The next process is all about recruitment and strategy, so essentially that is more important than the money, look as far as arsenal and there season compared to chelsea to prove this right and maybe even Leicester while were on the matter.

Edited by RicRic

2 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

JWP is a stunning player. Battling, versatile, goalscoring midfielder. Massively underrated and should have had a bunch of England caps by now. He'd become a monster under Emery. 

Better than Luiz?

41 minutes ago, burchy said:

The problem with scouting Sporting is it could be their whole blooming team. I’d take Ugarte, Goncalves, Inacio and Diomande off them without even blinking

Who is there best player though?

44 minutes ago, burchy said:

In which case we dont need to spend heavy on a DM as its the last position we need strengthening along with GK 

Ref! id like to make a couple changes 🫡 , ive now realized as ferran plays on the left id like us to buy both ferran and nico and swap wan bissaka for vanderson… we need to buy a CM too. Maybe Guendouzi but not for starter

EDA5F590-27FD-4667-BB2F-8E3F26B061A7.jpeg

Edited by RicRic
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

I presume he'd move into the Belfry full time.