Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

46 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Of the player linked so far, that a realistic. I'd go with:

Guendouzi - Rigth midfield. Good ball carrier, good under pressure, creative passer, flamboyant, scores goals. Doesn't give the ball away a lot, tenacious and hard working. Real competition for McGinn. Probably better than McGinn! 25 mill

2 goals and 4 assists in near 1900 mins and I'm sure at least 1 of the goals was a pen. Not that I'm not keen on him but can't get a game now (frozen out?) Those numbers make him a poor man's Buendia 

3 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Bissaka 🤮

Looked good for Man. United in last few months again. Considering what Emery wants from an RB his profile is actually pretty ideal given how strong he generally is one on one defending.

Effectively two years left on his deal as Man. United will take up 12 month option on his contract so you'd suspect they'd be open to offers in 25-30m which isn't too bad when you think we paid around 20m for Cash and he hadn't played a single minute in premier league.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I wish we could find a player like Edin Dzeko.

Well sure but he’s been top scorer in the Bundesliga and Serie A, won multiple league titles, etc - he’s a level above even if underrated at times - so it’d be nice but it’s a bit like saying it would be nice to find a player like Riyadh Mahrez! I know what you mean though. 

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Effectively two years left on his deal as Man. United will take up 12 month option on his contract so you'd suspect they'd be open to offers in 25-30m which isn't too bad when you think we paid around 20m for Cash and he hadn't played a single minute in premier league.

Not to undermine your point but we paid £14m for Cash and so even if your valuation is right United would want double that (and I think they’d want more).

4 hours ago, duke313 said:

Perfectly realistic, 3 or 4 in the summer and 1 or 2 in January.

Believe me it is and anything like that is too destructive to the team and morale , way too many changes, i’m happy with bailey to swapped with nico williams and ramsey for someone in that position with superior quality and consistency and to wrap it up we need a new RB 

3 hours ago, burchy said:

I get the clamour for Pau Torres but he’d cost a fair wedge and I’d rather see Mings there personally, especially as we’ve just shown our faith in him with a bumper new contract.

Out of the above I’d question Lo Celso and Guendouzi as I’m not sure they’re next level players. 

If you swapped Lo Celso out for Mikel Merino and Guendouzi out for Otavio then I’d agree to 4 challenging side. 

Personally I’d like to see a ball playing CB at RB such as Timber but I get the Wan Bissaka inclusion if our preference is RB qualities over CB qualities for that hybrid role. 

Your probably the closest to myself in terms of how we see the game, i echo everything said here , my only concern with otavio is height but again not major.

21 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Not to undermine your point but we paid £14m for Cash and so even if your valuation is right United would want double that (and I think they’d want more).

16m according to BBC.

Depends what they do in the summer. Another RB in and Dalot has played fairly regularly so feel Wan Bisakaa is expendable and Man. United have issue of players just hanging around never playing e.g Axel so think they realise they need to cash in on some of their squad players.

Palace wouldn't pay 35-40m for him, not sure West Ham would either so he'll be in 25-30m bracket.

Regarding Pau Torres, I’ve seen a few fans of La Liga teams say he’s quite bad in the air and would probably get dominated a lot in the prem. Anyone that’s watched him more in the last year or so that can chime in? 

• Thanks 1

I'd rather we spent money on an Elite prospect ( IE, one which is already young and close to Mings level, but with a higher ceiling ) to be Mings backup and long term replacement, than to blow big money on one which might not work out.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why wait! Obligatory!...

Some comments of note are: 

" he is a pressing monster. he is exactly the kind of player Klopp's midfield needs. " 

" The aggressiveness of Edgar Davids and the technique of Fernando Redondo. This boy is incredible. The perfect player for Klopp. "

" The most complete midfielder i ever saw in Sporting. And in The last years we had bruno Fernandes, Matheus Nunes, palhinha… "

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why wait! Obligatory!...

Some comments of note are: 

" he is a pressing monster. he is exactly the kind of player Klopp's midfield needs. " 

" The aggressiveness of Edgar Davids and the technique of Fernando Redondo. This boy is incredible. The perfect player for Klopp. "

" The most complete midfielder i ever saw in Sporting. And in The last years we had bruno Fernandes, Matheus Nunes, palhinha… "

He heard you JV…

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

2 goals and 4 assists in near 1900 mins and I'm sure at least 1 of the goals was a pen. Not that I'm not keen on him but can't get a game now (frozen out?) Those numbers make him a poor man's Buendia 

Well seem he is having issues with the management. The position I'm ear marking him for isn't even where Buendia is playing. Plus Buendia's a bloody lightweight so shouldn't really be played in midfield.