Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

7 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Maybe Vlahovic and Torres are smokescreen links for our actual links. Has happened before.

Edit - but but if it were to happen (Vlahovic) we’d be genuine top 4 contenders.

I rate Vlahovic, but there is no guarantee he can succeed in the Prem. Strikers that have played most of their career in Italy tend to take time to adapt to the prem. The Premier league is a level above Italy.

37 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I rate Vlahovic, but there is no guarantee he can succeed in the Prem. Strikers that have played most of their career in Italy tend to take time to adapt to the prem. The Premier league is a level above Italy.

Mo Salah smashed Premier League in his 1st season in England 😂

Haaland from another weak league has also destroyed Premier League. 

Both put up beat ever league numbers in the first season in the toughest league in human history

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Mo Salah smashed Premier League in his 1st season in England 😂

Haaland from another weak league has also destroyed Premier League. 

Both put up beat ever league numbers in the first season in the toughest league in human history

Salah had played in the prem before, and he flopped.

Haaland came from Germany which is a stronger league. Plus he is a special case. He literally has everything you want a goalscorer to have, his father was a premier league footballer and he spent his early years in England. He was always going to be a premier league footballer.

2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Probably right, but we need to start behaving like we are fans of a big club!

No. Don't start with the entitlement, for the love of God. That's the last thing we need, especially when we're not there yet. 

• Like 1

I do believe the club are looking for a statement signing. I feel a big name will be coming in! The attention appointing Gerrard garnered was the perfect example a huge name can have is regards to media attention. 

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

No. Don't start with the entitlement, for the love of God. That's the last thing we need, especially when we're not there yet. 

Not in terms of entitlement. As someone that has had to struggle for everything, barely had anyone to rely on, that entitlement stuff is idiotic in my eyes. You get what you earn, and if you don't work to earn something, you won't get it! If you are lucky enough to be given everything you want and need, then the giver is potentially spoiling you for life.

I mean in terms of seeing any player as a possibility, and discussing them on their merits, and not 'never going to get them' (as that is the reality of most players links anyway). In terms of hope to see a top four challenge from next season and so on. Being positive, not negative. Believing we belong at the top, rather than whingeing that we should be at the top.

We managed to beat Utd and a couple other teams to signing Kamara and we now have a much better manager, football club structure with almany coming in and better league position this summer compared to last. A statement signing like Vlahovic might not be out of reach.

Edited by TheMightyVillans

3 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

We managed to beat Utd and a couple other teams to signing Kamara and we now have a much better manager, football club structure with almany coming in and better league position this summer compared to last. A statement signing like Vlahovic might not be out of reach.

If we pay he will come. Got to get in there early though as once newcastle start sniffing about forget about it

5 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Free transfer compared to a €100m signing thou.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Right, so it should have been even more difficult to sign Kamara then.

Think it's extremely difficult to come up with €100m compared to €0 but maybe it isn't

Not sure where the Vlahovic rumours have come from but can't see him leaving Juve for us.  With their points deduction overturned they are back in the top 4, I don't see a highly rated player leaving CL football.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Think it's extremely difficult to come up with €100m compared to €0 but maybe it isn't

Exactly, every team can come up with £0.  So, you have more competition for his signature, as opposed to only a select few teams that can afford £100m, so less competition for his signature.