Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

4 hours ago, WHY said:

I wouldn’t sell him for that to be honest. That feels like the going rate for a player who has got into double figures the last 3 seasons, in the hardest league in the world.  Any striker we bring it will cost close to that and be a massive gamble based on strikers who have come to the PL recently. 

Ok, well look up the list of players that have been sold for 60m plus, it’s a short list.

Every signing is a gamble and selling at the right time is key for a team that wants to raise its position in football.

I think 60m would definitely be the right timing 

We need a real creative linkman in final third.

Buendia is simply too hot and cold, today he was getting disposed far too frequently and for some reasons just didn't want to shoot at all on two occasions in second half when he was on edge of the box.

He's just not that productive against the very best teams in the league.

Newcastle going to improve that area further by signing James Maddison so we need to respond in kind.

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Buendia is simply too hot and cold, today he was getting disposed far too frequently and for some reasons just didn't want to shoot at all on two occasions in second half when he was on edge of the box.

Newcastle going to improve that area further by signing James Maddison so we need to respond in kind.

I hope so. Not a serious player. A talented waster who will disappear or get injured when the going gets tough.

• Shocked 1

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I am very sure we will sign someone for that position this summer.

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Saw a link to Kokcu yesterday?

I did but I just thought how the eff am I supposed to know what role he is going to play as he could do what Luis does for us but it could be for Ramsey/McGinn.

If true only the staff would know what we are buying him to do.

14 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Smith Rowe

1 hour ago, zab6359 said:

Smith Rowe

Would rather Reiss Nelson if we're talking Arsenal attackers that have barely kicked a ball this season. Nelson contact up in June. ESR 2026. Why would Arsenal sell to direct rival without mugging us off

Edited by Kiwivillan

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Would rather Reiss Nelson if we're talking Arsenal attackers that have barely kicked a ball this season

I’m not sure I agree, we’ve seen what Smith Rowe can do but less so Nelson. At this point, unknowing how the injuries have affected them then I’d take Smith Rowe.  Obviously transfers fees and wages then would have to be taken into consideration but pure playing to date, I’d take Smith Rowe.

Dunno about ESR, last summer was all for him but this summer I think unai and his new scouting team should be able to pick up the Spanish equivalent for cheaper

Wouldn't say no or be disappointed if we got him but don't think the value for money would be there

Nelson would be interesting but he'd be a player for our bench, he's not good enough to start for us next season

I'd want more of a jump in quality, expecting us to break the transfer record and buy a CL player that is a headscratcher as to how we pulled it off (kw)

• Like 1

Have a suspicion that ESR will have his career ruined by that upper leg problem he's been struggling with. Maybe this latest groin surgery fixed it but he's barely played since so I wouldn't gamble on it this summer.

• Like 3

I am hoping that we don’t pay any “premier league premium” this year and leave Unai to bring his choices in, he has earned the right.  Plus I would back his analytics against our scouting team!

Lo Celso and Guendozi have proved they can handle the premier league, shouldn’t cost the earth and in Unai’s eyes can be coached in his system.  No brainers.

If there is one thing you can be sure of by now, Emery teams punch above individual players

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, macandally said:

I am hoping that we don’t pay any “premier league premium” this year and leave Unai to bring his choices in, he has earned the right.  Plus I would back his analytics against our scouting team!

Lo Celso and Guendozi have proved they can handle the premier league, shouldn’t cost the earth and in Unai’s eyes can be coached in his system.  No brainers.

If there is one thing you can be sure of by now, Emery teams punch above individual players

What if Emery wants some of those PL players?  We don’t know what he wants.

Also Lo Celso definitely didn’t prove he could handle the PL, he was average to poor in his time here.

Pretty sure Emery will have final say on all transfers and knows who he wants.

9 hours ago, paul514 said:

I did but I just thought how the eff am I supposed to know what role he is going to play as he could do what Luis does for us but it could be for Ramsey/McGinn.

If true only the staff would know what we are buying him to do.

For Feyenoord he tends to play centre left in a double pivot so basically Luiz’s position but he does like to get forward so I’d say he’d be comp for Luiz and JJ out on the left hand side.

I think Buendia and McGinn will be up against a new RM coming in. 

Personally I’d like us to get three quality midfielders to push our current crop and give us less of a drop off when we need to go to the bench.

LM/CAM to compete with JJ/Buendia on the left (Goncalves or similar), a RM/CAM to compete with McGinn/Buendia on the right (Otavio or similar) and a more box to box CM to push Luiz (Kokcu please). 

If I was being greedy I’d like a young, tall, bruiser DM that can bully players in the middle if we needed it too (Ugochukwu) but that can wait til January Villa ok 😜

I was thinking about this over the weekend watching Emery get animated and frustrated on the touch line.

He’s never really had the same opportunity he has at present previously, at a club that can potentially financially support him in getting the players that he wants and needs.

At Arsenal and PSG he kind of had his hands tied a bit. Yes they had the financial clout to get good players but the structure wasn’t there to support Emery. I think it’s different here. 

I’m genuinely excited to see what Emery can do with players that we bring in as I believe they will be of real quality. We will then see Emery make them and the team better. 

We might just see Emery and his team go to the next level. 

• Like 1

Not saying, my season ticket has gone up much, but I'm probably funding the next player on my own.🙄

Edited by TRO