Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

30 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Nah, Young is old enough at this stage. We need Cash and a different type of player for RB. 

Not that he'd join, and he's had a few injury issues, but someone in the style of Tariq Lamptey would be good. Pacey, and can step forward with the ball.

9 hours ago, paul514 said:

I can list off  whole series of names but it depends on what the manager wants from his centre forward.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/folarin-balogun/profil/spieler/503770
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jonathan-david/profil/spieler/533738
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/elye-wahi/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/659542
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hugo-ekitike/profil/spieler/709726
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/goncalo-ramos/profil/spieler/550550
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/enes-unal/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/251106

I'd have the stats team and scouts looking at them.

All I am saying is 60m is silly money for him considering that only about 40 players have ever been sold for that figure or more.

He is in fantastic form right now, but

He is still the same man that was just a decent top half striker before that
He still turns 28 in December, he isn't old but his resale value is effected from then on
He would turn a very large FFP profit allowing us to spend far more than the profit amount when you consider amortisation.
It shows players we are willing to sell when the big offer comes in, this is something people don't consider enough....... everyone wants to get the massive wages, play in the CL etc. We want to attract people on there way to being etc best.

It’d be crazy to start next season with an unproven PL striker regardless of what their stats are. Some of the best strikers in the world have come to the premier league and flopped. There’s no way we’ll be selling a proven PL scorer to replace him with an unknown.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

It’d be crazy to start next season with an unproven PL striker regardless of what their stats are. Some of the best strikers in the world have come to the premier league and flopped. 

Every striker that West Ham have bought for years I lose track

10 hours ago, paul514 said:

60m would be silly money

I wouldn’t sell him for that to be honest. That feels like the going rate for a player who has got into double figures the last 3 seasons, in the hardest league in the world.  Any striker we bring it will cost close to that and be a massive gamble based on strikers who have come to the PL recently. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WHY said:

I wouldn’t sell him for that to be honest. That feels like the going rate for a player who has got into double figures the last 3 seasons, in the hardest league in the world.  Any striker we bring it will cost close to that and be a massive gamble based on strikers who have come to the PL recently. 

Plus if it true he’s close to signing a new contract then he’s not thinking of going anywhere either because if elite clubs were after him they would’ve put feelers out already and suggested he not sign a new contract with us if he was interested surely. So I guess we’ll have more idea on his movements over the next month or so based on whether he signs the new contract that is rumoured to be close.

10 hours ago, paul514 said:

60m would be silly money

Arguably in the top 3 genuine 9's in the PL during a period where there is a gross shortage of good 9's and you'd let him go for the same money as one Marc Cucurella?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SecretVillaScout said:

Cash is still king, But I think they would prefer a Bank transfer. 

Really? I’m not sure a goalkeeper that has died is the best solution for RB 😉

IMG_1586.jpeg

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Nah, Young is old enough at this stage. We need Cash and a different type of player for RB. 

I would still give Young a year extension even if he won't be first choice at RB next season.

If we make Europe in some capacity, He would still be useful to have due to all the games we would face next season.

Playing any role he can and even 3rd choice back up to either RB or LB positions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Wonder if the club might entertain offers for Cash in the Summer…?

His form has dipped but he’s good enough to be a squad player. I think he’s in need of competition though. I don’t think the club would sell - but would consider higher bids I’m sure. It’s an important area of recruitment in the summer too. 

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

Not that he'd join, and he's had a few injury issues, but someone in the style of Tariq Lamptey would be good. Pacey, and can step forward with the ball.

Remember he had injury and never came back as good and can't get a game for Brighton so why would we aim down?

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Remember he had injury and never came back as good and can't get a game for Brighton so why would we aim down?

No, I agree, and apologies if it's not clear, but I alluded to the injury, but I'm just thinking that a dynamic fullback who can move out of defence on the transition and start counters would be good. I know Unai tends to go asymmetric in terms of his full backs and have one more defensively minded, but I was just starting a convo. 
Perhaps I should have used Trent as a template? 

9 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

No, I agree, and apologies if it's not clear, but I alluded to the injury, but I'm just thinking that a dynamic fullback who can move out of defence on the transition and start counters would be good. I know Unai tends to go asymmetric in terms of his full backs and have one more defensively minded, but I was just starting a convo. 
Perhaps I should have used Trent as a template? 

Trent has been discussed on TIFO podcasts and the like as to why Liverpool have been found out by other teams this season amongst other reasons

48 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

His form has dipped but he’s good enough to be a squad player. I think he’s in need of competition though. I don’t think the club would sell - but would consider higher bids I’m sure. It’s an important area of recruitment in the summer too. 

His form has dipped this year, but TBF his position in Emery system has required one of the largest adjustments from his natural game. Funnily enough he was starting to really hit form just as he got injured. Him coming back to help for last few games would be very welcome in my book. 

Edited by villaglint

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

We quoted West Ham 80 mill last summer before they went and bought Scammacia. 

Honestly i think we would quote 100 mill. 

We'd be absolutely bonkers to let him go for anything less than 90-100m - he's a very important component to how we play and finding an adequate replacement would be far harder than many think.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Trent has been discussed on TIFO podcasts and the like as to why Liverpool have been found out by other teams this season amongst other reasons

Surely that depends how you use him?