Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

10 hours ago, burchy said:

Florian Neuhaus - Mgladback

Couple seasons ago I would have salivated at that, but where we find ourselves now, how our midfielders are performing plus how much he's fallen off a cliff of late, he's not near good enough.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, burchy said:

Was bored tonight so took a look at some of the RM options we might be looking at. I tried to base in on their average positions, so players that play predominantly on the right hand side (Milinkovic-Savic as an example)

ACB9977D-CBAB-460E-909D-AC8BF7FBADE8.jpeg.4e3fe8bc2fd5c56b072b423a96d3121f.jpeg

High End

• Otavio - Porto (who I’d like)
  • Milinković-Savić - Lazio
  • Rodrigo de Paul - Atletico Madrid
  • Matteo Guendouzi - OM

High Potential

• Gabri Veiga - Celta Vigo
  • Domonik Szboszlai - RB Leipzig
  • Arda Guler - Fenerbahce
  • Andreas Skov Olsen - Club Brugge

Other worthy mentions

• Youre Tielemans - Leicester
  • Yumas Musah - Valencia
  • Florian Neuhaus - Mgladback
  • Densel Dumfries - Inter
  • Lazar Szamardzic- Udinese
  • Lovre Majer - Rennes

If we bought another quality DM then the more attacking options below might be good.

• Giovanni Reyna - Dortmund
  • Rayan Cherki - Lyon
  • Luca Sucic - RB Salzburg
  • Desire Doue - Rennes

I’d like Otavio personally but would be happy with any of Szboszlai, Guler or Veiga if we were looking for more youthful signings. 

I also think Desire Doue is going be a proper star too, perhaps not in this position though. 

Love Cherki at Lyon as well but he’d be a liability defensively. 

I knew before even looking at the post you were going to mention him 🤣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Anyone know anything about Miles Leaburn? 

Never heard of him until just this moment.

Google says he is 6ft 5, what are we building if we get him, partnered with Duran in a few years 🤣

17 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'll be really pissed off if we let City off with Walker's contract like Chelsea let them off with Sterling's.

They should be paying us to take him.

1000000% this ^.

Thankfully I think it's his or City's agents feeding rubbish to tabloids. Emery is never going to be after the likes of Walker.

I will be surprised if we sign anyone that is currently established at a PL club to be honest. Guendouzi and others that have played here before will be a different story. 

With the way FFP has limited things for the league, there's a double edge sword to signing players from your rivals. Free up their FFP, and lockdown you own. This should only happen where you are getting a perceived very good deal, or a player for whom there is no alternative in the world. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I really don't want to give this lot oxygen but I must present what a clueless bunch of shite they are. I left a comment

Football Insider are a clueless bunch of clout chasers. I wish certain fan accounts on Twitter would stop posting their made up transfer rumours. Luckily, I just blocked them instead. The reality is, we do our business very quietly. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

1000000% this ^.

Thankfully I think it's his or City's agents feeding rubbish to tabloids. Emery is never going to be after the likes of Walker.

I will be surprised if we sign anyone that is currently established at a PL club to be honest. Guendouzi and others that have played here before will be a different story. 

With the way FFP has limited things for the league, there's a double edge sword to signing players from your rivals. Free up their FFP, and lockdown you own. This should only happen where you are getting a perceived very good deal, or a player for whom there is no alternative in the world. 

We'll be shopping in La Liga I reckon.

• Cheaper players we can poach outside Barca/Real.
  • Emery knows the league inside out.
  • Style of football in Spain will suit our style of play under Emery.
  • Like 3

https://www.estadiodeportivo.com/futbol/mallorca/equipo-que-quiere-pagar-clausula-kangin-lee-negocio-del-siglo-20230419-417416.html

Kang-in Lee is one of the footballers who is attracting the most suitors this season. The South Korean is at a very high level, and his youth means many teams are willing to bet very heavily on him: considering it appropriate to pay his high termination clause, which is not a problem for powerful clubs in the financial aspect. With this context, RCD Mallorca knows that it is almost impossible to retain Kang-in Lee, who has the interest of several Premier League teams, but that there is one that has already conveyed their intention to pay. That is none other than Aston Villa.

Aston Villa intends to deposit at the LaLiga headquarters the 18 million euros that Kang-in Lee's termination clause marks to take over the services of the RCD Mallorca footballer, who has a contract until June 30, 2025. As reported by SER Deportivos, a program of the Cadena SER, Aston Villa wants Kang-in Lee in their squad for next season, and will spare no expense to get the 22-year-old South Korean: who this season has accumulated three goals and five assists in 28 LaLiga games.

13 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

I saw a video on social media apparently from his agent at bodymoor heath, probably just trying to build up interest as I don’t think we’d be too receptive to an agent live streaming his arrival at the training ground if there were genuine talks ongoing but nonetheless it does seem like he’s potentially on our radar.

Edited by david-avfc