Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

People are generally leaning towards the same three players aren’t they. 

Guendouzi

Nico Williams 

Lee Kang-In

I want us to get a South American striker as well, and start utilising our ties with Vitoria Guimeares. 

I think Lee Kang-in is important in a number of ways, not only is he talented but the commercial benefits are pretty huge really. As wrong as that may be, but we need to start really tapping into different markets across the globe. 

The one I wouldn’t be disappointed in if we didn’t sign them is Guendouzi. I don’t think he would fit in now with Kamara and Luiz - unless one of them was to leave. Good player though. 

Edited by Tayls

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think he'll move this Summer. Isn't he on a free? 
Would be a good signing on a free potentially. 

Would have been a lot bigger star if Saka martinelli  and smith rowe  hadnt all come through in the same kind of positions 

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

Would have been a lot bigger star if Saka martinelli  and smith rowe  hadnt all come through in the same kind of positions 

My Arsenal supporting mate reckons he was the original star boy. Injuries put paid to that. Maybe he's over them now and he'll finally achieve that potential?

Be nice to see him move on and try to pursue first team football with somebody like us or Brighton though. 

1 hour ago, Folski said:

A buddy of mine wants United to sign Maddison and because of that I've been watching him very closely recent, I must say he's either phoning it in or is just done. I wouldnt go near him personally.

Fair enough. 

1 hour ago, Folski said:

We should be looking for players who are at clubs with bad managers, we can then exploit the value when Emery improves them.

This is actually a really good point and to be honest i would imagine that Emery will be choosing his players very carefully on a specific range of metrics and qualities to fit his vision rather than fancy names or reputations.

Thinking about it Emery must have doubled the value of our squad in his time here. Transformed our players from lower table also-rans to european calibre players

I know he's almost certainly out of our reach, but if we were going to spend big on a player, I'd love to go in for Dani Olmo. He's always been really impressive whenever I've watched him. If we get Europe and bid high with big wages, who knows!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I know it's been mentioned, but maybe he's been targeted to compete with McGinn on the right hand side of midfield?

Quite a lot of places reporting this to be fair. Although also been linked with Utd I believe, obvious Dutch connections… interesting player though and I think it’s about time we had a Dutch player again. 

(Can someone quote this so @Delphinho123 can see because I think he’s blocked me :) ). 

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

People are generally leaning towards the same three players aren’t they. 

Guendouzi

Nico Williams 

Lee Kang-In

I want us to get a South American striker as well, and start utilising our ties with Vitoria Guimeares. 

I think Lee Kang-in is important in a number of ways, not only is he talented but the commercial benefits are pretty huge really. As wrong as that may be, but we need to start really tapping into different markets across the globe. 

The one I wouldn’t be disappointed in if we didn’t sign them is Guendouzi. I don’t think he would fit in now with Kamara and Luiz - unless one of them was to leave. Good player though. 

Jhon Duran posts brilliant Aston Villa message as prediction made -  Birmingham Live

I’m also an Inter fan (through my mrs).

Dumfries wouldn’t come to the Villa, and is also really not what we need. He’s a liability defensively, and wouldn’t suit the way Emery wants to play with the right back being more conservative. 

He’s got Man Utd and Ten Hag written all over him. Just hope Inter can take them to the cleaners for a big fee!

• Like 2

Rather ask what their plan is for Kulusevski now that Conte and maybe Paratici is gone. Maybe they no longer want to make that loan deal from Juve permanent. Kulusevski would be useful in a number of roles is a Emery system.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Rather ask what their plan is for Kulusevski now that Conte and maybe Paratici is gone. Maybe they no longer want to make that loan deal from Juve permanent. Kulusevski would be useful in a number of roles is a Emery system.

Deal might be obligatory

The option will remain valid the following summer unless the second clause – a €35m mandatory buy clause – comes into play. That will be activated at the end of the 2022-23 season if two conditions are met during the campaign: that Kulusevski plays in 50% of the team’s Premier League matches for at least 45 minutes, and Spurs qualify for the Champions League.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/mar/22/spurs-deal-with-juventus-to-buy-dejan-kulusevski-revealed

Edited by a-k

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Guendouzi can't seem to get into the Marseilles team atm. Wonder why. 

Like another person on this furom said, Nico Williams form has dropped off since January, definitely heads have been turn & could day the edge has gone in there games, maybe don't want to get a bad injury as it would jeopardise the transfer, I do think these 2 signing will happen 💪

• Like 1