Jhon Durán

PieFacE

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I have met him a few times, he gets tattooed at the same place as me.

• Can hardly speak a word of English and was a bit of a dick--no surprises there.

Tell us more….

I do get the impression of a bit of an arrogant young man then thinks he is better than he is. But could be totally off the mark of course.

Posted (edited)

Can hardly speak a word of English and was a bit of a dick--no surprises there.

Ironically, you mentioning this may actually explain his frustration and perceived brashness.

It could also explain why he may not even understand the context of things at times.

I've encountered many people who come off as " rude " in the middle east and over time was told, and learnt that sometimes they just feel awkward/embarrassed that they can't communicate.

Who knows

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Worth remembering that Duran was someone on our radar before Emery came in. We'd pretty much agreed the fee and agreed a contract with him when Emery came in,  so he just had to green light the deal when the window rolled around.

He didn't have his scouting team setup and so wouldn't have had as much to go on than whatever we presented to him and I imagine he was heavily swayed by this. 

Very possible that he isn't quite what Emery would typically go for in a 20 year old, but that doesn't mean Emery won't try to shape him the way he would like. 

If Emery believes he can, and is willing to put the effort in to do so, then there's noone better to do that. If he can't, or no longer believes he can, he'll make sure we get a decent amount from him, much like he has tried to do with other players he wants to let go of.

It's easy to say, but these are exactly the situations we can trust Emery and Monchi to get the best out of,  whatever that looks like for Villa. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2

I would be itching to move to if the starting striker blocking my access to the first team is actually a cyborg from the future who plays 90+ minutes every game and never, ever gets hurt. 

• Haha 1

I have met him a few times, he gets tattooed at the same place as me.

Can hardly speak a word of English and was a bit of a dick--no surprises there.

Hope the tattoo artist understands him

• Haha 2

As much as I like Duran as a player, if he has his heart set on a move away then I'm more comfortable with him leaving than I would be other options that have been mentioned like JJ or Luiz.

He has loads of potential but being difficult to coach (allegedly) could just lead to more problems down the road.

Back to the football side of things, feel Duran does not really compliment Watkins.  We need a forward that can not only come in for Watkins but play along side him for extended periods - especially as Watkins has a very good injury record and hardly misses games.

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He also liked a tweet from a Liverpool fan page mentioning his stats. He’s clearly joining them too. 

Yeah, cos all the Chelsea tweets he liked are related to him/his stats as well. It is exactly the same.

• Haha 1

Just now, Tom13 said:

Yeah, cos all the Chelsea tweets he liked are related to him/his stats as well. It is exactly the same.

This stuff is getting blown out of proportion. It’s like 5 tweets. I honestly don’t care what players like about other clubs. He’s still under contract. 

Posted (edited)

Why would  he want to go to Chelsea. We are in the champions league they are not plus Jackson is going to beva force to be reckoned with next season so no more likely to get more game time.

Edited by PaulC

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

No one will spend £50m on JJ after the season he’s just had.

He will need to prove his fitness over a sustained period before anyone would take the risk. 

Well exactly, then why would we even consider selling him. JJ has already proven to be a £50m player last season, and has the potential to be even better.

Duran has proven so far to be worth about what we paid for him or a bit more. His incredible potential makes his transfer value much greater, but potential is all it is mostly all it is at this stage. That works in our favour though, as any sale now would be buying potential that might never be realised, and the risk of letting go an eventual £100m+ player would also be softened by including a sell-on-clause.

Anyway, better off we don't sell him, he loves the Villa, and he turns into a £200m striker with us.

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Why would  he want to go to Chelsea. We are in the champions league they are not plus Jackson is going to beva force to be reckoned with next season so no more likely to get more game time.

I'm sorry, Nic Jackson?

Liking Chelsea Tweets on its own isn't really a problem. It's the distinct lack of Villa likes that causes it to even be a question. But chances are he followed Chelsea from his time in the US when they were huge. His apps algorithm will push the Chelsea posts higher up his feed based on his historic focus on them. 

He also clearly doesn't "like" very much, only the odd thing.  So it's definitely reading too much into it to go on that alone. 

Looking at McGinn's comments (whether said in jest or not), the fact he's publicly said them (and wouldn't consider saying it about any of the rest of the squad) is an indication he's probably just a little bit more immature than the rest of the group.

He's loaded, he's young, he's got a huge amount of natural ability... he's going to be a bit of a arrogant nightmare. As I said above, Emery will know now to handle him, if there even is an issue, and it's not worth worrying about. 

Â