Jhon Durán

PieFacE

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

The comparison to Balotelli is ridiculous. 

Do people remember the things that guy did or how he acted?

The balotelli comparison is more to do with Duran having a lot of potential, but is in danger of not fulfilling it, due to his mind not been focused enough on the football. 

11 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

He's a great player one that would be a first choice in most teams, Torres is a step above that, what a signing he is, but Lenglet is a great stand in for us and you can see why we opted to keep him. 

As for Duran, he ain't going anywhere unless we let him and we won't given the current circumstances.

His social media will be run by a company or individual who will want maximum exposure for his or their client, great way of getting it but all a bit amateurish tbh, so if you reading villatalk do yourself and your client a favour and stop pissing about 🤥

5 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The balotelli comparison is more to do with Duran having a lot of potential, but is in danger of not fulfilling it, due to his mind not been focused enough on the football. 

Surely there's other comparisons if that's the case. 

Balotelli was a nutter at times. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Nah, I some stuff on Twitter. They seem fairly sure. Not really bothered that much.

Think we’ll know what’s going on when you see the line ups in about ten mins. 

Yet they didn't mention the fact he follows 3 other teams? Seems suspicious to me. Plus he's also starting. 

• Like 1

I don’t actually see very much evidence at all of any issues with Duran, apart from all the speculation.

He’s a big personality no doubt, picks up a few cards, but he’s never visibly gone full nutter afaics, and for someone his age playing second string to an established striker, he gets pretty much the expected minutes in the expected situations.

Maybe we have another Fred Guilbert type situation on our hands here, but Balotelli? I don’t see it.

Edited by KentVillan

13 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

He's now following VILLA back on IG🤣

If his version of throwing the toys out of the pram when he doesn't start or gets subbed off early is to unfollow us on IG, then I'm not sure the comparisons to Balotelli are warranted.

He seems a bit immature,  but then most people are at 20. If you've been bought by a company for £20m you're going to have a level of confidence and expectation. Wouldn't surprise me if there was some arrogance to go alongside it, as there would be with most young footballers that are the next big thing. 

Until he stops getting picked its all just papers making things up, using his mildly childish antics, to get clicks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

The comparison to Balotelli is ridiculous. 

Do people remember the things that guy did or how he acted?

From a pure footballing perspective, he certainly was on another level altogether.

He makes dangerous runs, but needs Buendia or Tielemans to find them. Bailey ignored one to try and take on a low percentage shot from outside the box 🤦‍♂️

Â