Jhon Durán

PieFacE

5 hours ago, sne said:

How about Vitoria?  5th in the Portuguese league, their top scoring attacker has 5 in 14 and their 2 attackers behind him has combined for 1 goal in the league. Most of their goals seem to come from midfielders and wide players in their 4-3-3.

We haven't sent anyone on loan there yet so curious how that link up is actually going, that would be a good option for Tim I reckon now he's fit.

The main issue with JD is that he needs to be able to come on and potentially change a game if we are drawing or losing. I know he did that vs Palace but that does appear to be the exception as opposed to the norm at this stage of his career. 
In the majority of PL appearances he looks significantly out of his depth and that frustration often leads to petulant reactions. 

At this moment in time he is simply not good enough and requires a huge amount of development to get to that standard. IMO, we can’t afford for our league matches to be that learning zone for JD - he is too far away for that at present. We need to be in a position whereby our subs can produce when called upon. 

We are trying to get CL football and cannot afford to carry any passengers  Obvs it’s not easy to acquire an experienced CF in Jan but should Ollie get injured our whole season could depend on it. 

Edited by eholm
  • Like 3

On 24/12/2023 at 15:49, Tom13 said:

I'd take Duran over Richarlison also, cannot stand that guy - and I think Duran has a higher ceiling than him.

I’d agree about the ceiling - but right now? Not sure, even though I think he is a petulant little twerp!

I'd take Richarlison Im afraid, silly to suggest other wise. Richarlison has moved for multiple big money moves. 

Significantly better than a kid who's achieved nothing and until a few weeks ago had big questions marks over his attitude as well. 

I'm intrigued to see how Duran pans out but wouldn't be surprised to see him go no where. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I'd take Richarlison Im afraid, silly to suggest other wise. Richarlison has moved for multiple big money moves. 

Significantly better than a kid who's achieved nothing and until a few weeks ago had big questions marks over his attitude as well. 

I'm intrigued to see how Duran pans out but wouldn't be surprised to see him go no where. 

It's my opinion and what I hold, I wouldn't want his bad attitude stinking the place out as backup to Watkins. But if you see that as 'silly' that's up to you, it's still my opinion.

Edited by Tom13

He's not a premiership player as his performance tonight proved. I know it was all about FFP but we should have kept Archer. He will just fade away over the next twelve months and be loaned out. 

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Harry said:

He's not a premiership player as his performance tonight proved. I know it was all about FFP but we should have kept Archer. He will just fade away over the next twelve months and be loaned out. 

As his performance tonight proved? He came on in the 86th minute for a side that had no midfield.

• Like 1

I’ve said it since day one, it was a weird transfer. Just didn’t seem to be what we needed at the time and still isn’t. Also odd timing with the manager situation. 

Could go on to be a world beater, sure, but it’s going to be a while before we see it, if at all.

I’m just not really a fan of his tbh. Hopefully that will change. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

As his performance tonight proved? He came on in the 86th minute for a side that had no midfield.

Right, people can't read anything into today. I mean I don't think he's ready either but there's no way you can judge that from his cameo here.

What's perhaps more telling is less his performance,  and more that he wasn't brought on until the 86th minute, though even that is probably more to do with the state of the game than anything else. 

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’ve said it since day one, it was a weird transfer. Just didn’t seem to be what we needed at the time and still isn’t. Also odd timing with the manager situation. 

Could go on to be a world beater, sure, but it’s going to be a while before we see it, if at all.

I’m just not really a fan of his tbh. Hopefully that will change. 

Yep, it was odd. Clearly one they'd been working on that Emery took on board rather than rock the boat. He's not what we need at the moment at all though, needs to go loan in January to the Championship or League 1 and learn to play every week.

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

OK, not a long time just 14 minutes or so but as with most times when he comes on he makes no difference at all. Clearly UE put him on for reason so what was that?

Sorry but I just don't rate him,  if you do please enlighten us as to why.

He was bought as a project and is still a project.

We don't have a second experienced pure striker right now, so he's filling in. If we get one, he will be off on loan.

I know people wanted Archer to make it here, but he's two years older and hasn't exactly lit the world on fire at Sheffield Utd. He has started regularly and has three goals, only one more than Duran. Compare Duran in two years to Archer now and we may be happy with our choice.

We need better back up to Watkins than either Duran or Archer. There's something about Duran, but I'd say he's every bit an unproven youth player, and if we hadn't paid such a ridiculous fee for him he'd be nowhere near the first team.

• Like 3

Â