Jhon Durán

PieFacE

15 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Getting really boring reading this kind of take on every single thread. We’re third in the Premier League and apparently most of our squad have a shit attitude, can’t play football etc

No they're not. Who's telling you that?

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

I disagree - I think being in and around the squad, getting minutes and having the benefit of elite coaches is a lot more valuable for him in his individual situation. 

Getting minutes here and there will not help him develop quick enough, he needs to learn the English game quicker and at a top to mid table championship striker he will get that regular game time.

1 minute ago, Zero7 said:

Getting minutes here and there will not help him develop quick enough, he needs to learn the English game quicker and at a top to mid table championship striker he will get that regular game time.

i agree that he needs game time, week in, week out at a good level, whether thats the championship, Germany, or wherever, i dont know.

But getting 10 mins here and there for Villa, and the odd dead rubber European or Cup game, wont help him develop as much as 90 mins, week in, week out on loan.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zero7 said:

But that doesn't prepare him for the PL either and the standard isn't good enough. He's got a lot of senior appearances under his belt already (100+, I believe), albeit not in the English game, and I think he'd be better served staying at the club for the reasons I mentioned (and I think the club think that too).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

But that doesn't prepare him for the PL either and the standard isn't good enough. He's got a lot of senior appearances under his belt already (100+, I believe), albeit not in the English game, and I think he'd be better served staying at the club for the reasons I mentioned (and I think the club think that too).

It’s certainly a bit of a quandary, he looks like he has massive of potential but until he can start to influence a game I’d rather he was getting more game time elsewhere.  It’s good to have different options and I respect yours 

8 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Getting really boring reading this kind of take on every single thread. We’re third in the Premier League and apparently most of our squad have a shit attitude, can’t play football etc

A sport of opinions, yes. I actually don't mind @Delphinho123's harsh hot takes. I sometimes don't agree, but I feel they open up an interesting perspective and are oddly evenhanded and funny. I can't say for sure whether or not Durán is a good fit. It's still way too early for any final pronouncements. I like him when he seems to be getting stuck in and battling defenders and lunging forward. Yesterday, he stood around until half-time, not so much ball watching as nothing watching, until Emery obviously told him to get his arse into gear. But tbf, Mostar's low block was disciplined AF and it made things very hard for him. They opened up eventually the Kraken (Durán) was at last released, but by then it felt ineffectual. I feel like a certain kind of fan can get very excited by his very mild antics (not saying that's you at all, @KentVillan), but that stuff seems almost like social media trolling to me -- on-pitch TikTokkery. I want results. Goals and assists.  Overall, I'm super glad we have him. We NEED him right now, too. Let's not forget that. He's an option upfront for tired players. All this speculation about whether or not he should be somewhere else is remarkably shortsighted, in my opinion. We'd obviously be squad-thin without him.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Thanks 1

Not sure he is currently good enough to help us much but since he's still young he has time on his side. Almost certainly too pricey for us in January but I wouldn't hate if he got loaned out and we brought in a more finished article attacker.

Not hating on him but the drop off in quality from Watkins to him is a bit too steep atm. Not sure if it's realistic to expect us to address that situation. I think he would profit more playing more football thou.

Him a Zaniolo brought a lot more physicality into the game when they both came on. I think that was the plan in the end and both did really well hustling for everything. 

If he keeps his head on his football he'll become a top CF imo. 

Â