Jhon Durán

PieFacE

It was inevitable that Ollie was going to miss a league game eventually and I am sure Emery would have contemplated that over the summer when he made the decision not to bring in another centre forward. Emery must have seen enough in Duran to believe if need be he could come in and cover for Ollie. 

Duran has been here almost a year now. He hasn't started a league game but has shown that he has a lot of ability and also has something about him character wise and seems to have a real desire to want to succeed. I'd imagine he'll be chomping at the bit if he does get to start today and whilst I'll be disappointed if Ollie is out I look forward to seeing what Duran can do. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, lexicon said:

It's incredibly harsh on Duran to compare him to Gabby - he's got a ton more natural ability and far better technique. Did Gabby ever score a goal like Duran's thunderbastard against Palace? 

Looks a much more cultured finisher generally as well.

Edited by Tom13

58 minutes ago, lexicon said:

It's incredibly harsh on Duran to compare him to Gabby - he's got a ton more natural ability and far better technique. Did Gabby ever score a goal like Duran's thunderbastard against Palace? 

At the same age I think  Gabby was a regular in the first team and scoring goals but Gabby was just blistering pace when young 

Edit. Actually it was a year later he became a regular.

Edited by PaulC

If Ollie is out then Duran has a fantastic chance to push his career on. He has everything he needs to succeed, pace to burn, good technical ability , he just needs a breakthrough game where all these things aline. Hopefully its today, if he can get behind a high press Bournemouth team then he could run riot.  It's only a matter of time with him IMHO. UTV .

• Like 1

On 01/12/2023 at 13:43, vreitti said:

Plays just as you would expect of, a 19-year old, overeager and quite arrogant kid. Honestly, don't see much "natural ability", but surely he can develop... in the end it's entirely up to him. 

Arrogant? No, an unproven rumour from Twatter

dont see much natural ability? Its like that Palace goal didnt happen

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Arrogant? No, an unproven rumour from Twatter

dont see much natural ability? Its like that Palace goal didnt happen

Some very good strikes from him so far too to show his technique. 

He has work to do on his positioning and movement, but he's a kid ffs, of course he's not the complete package yet. 

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Some very good strikes from him so far too to show his technique. 

He has work to do on his positioning and movement, but he's a kid ffs, of course he's not the complete package yet. 

Oh yeah he is miles from the finished article but is a potential player there

He is also better off here learning from Unai and watching Ollie than on loan in Championship

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is also better off here learning from Unai and watching Ollie than on loan in Championship

I think so too - he's played over 100 games at senior level in his career anyway, what he needs is training in our system and the behind-the-scenes work on various aspects of his game. 

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

His present level, he just isn't good enough for the Premier League. We should've kept Archer and JPB. They where already better players.

1 hour ago, onmeedson said:

Like the look of big Jhon and think he's way ahead of his time for a 19year old, just needs time to develop and mature into a Benteke type and an understanding of the team. 

How exactly is he 'way ahead of his time"? He's done absolutely nothing yet 😂

Has the physical tools but I just wonder if he has the technique to really make it. Time will tell. Given the lack of number 9's around he might well end up being a decent premier league player. Very few young strikers making the grade this days. 

18 hours ago, vreitti said:

His present level, he just isn't good enough for the Premier League. We should've kept Archer and JPB. They where already better players.

No chance is Archer better than Duran. 

At what? 

23 minutes ago, burchy said:

Isn’t Durans contract up in 2024? Perhaps that’s what the dummy spitting out was all about a few weeks back, agent talks on a new contract not going well. 

No. Why would we sign him on a 1.5 year deal? 

Â