Jhon Durán

PieFacE

44 minutes ago, djdabush said:

Whilst I generally agree with you, it's not like Watkins really did anything in the game either. Forwards were living off scraps tonight.

Thing is, Ollie often also lives off " scraps " but people don't acknowledge that. Just slag him off for not scoring regardless of circumstance lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Thing is, Ollie often also lives off " scraps " but people don't acknowledge that. Just slag him off for not scoring regardless of circumstance lol

Or makes his own chances from nothing due to his pressing and incessant running. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Hope all the boomers on Twitter suggesting he's better than Watkins because he's a "true striker" or whatever have been humbled. He's very raw, and can't really shoulder much of a burden yet, especially as a lone striker. His pressing also needs serious work. Had Diaby doing 2 jobs.

Do boomers use twitter? 🤔

Still seems like a bit of a headless chicken to me, some of his attempts at challenging for the ball in the air when we did eventually lump it forward was downright hilarious. His strength is coming off the bench and causing a bit of mayhem with his unpredictability when we're chasing a game or the opponents are tired.

12 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Thought he was crap tonight . Big chance for him to shine , but was too easily dealt with. We looked more dangerous when Watkins came on for a short while, but overall very frustrating night. 

The entire 11 were utter dog. 

Pele would have looked shite last night. 

14 hours ago, WooJung said:

For a lad his size you'd expect his hold up play to be a bit better. Hopefully that will come with coaching and experience 

At 19, he hasn’t filled out his frame and as a result, his center of gravity is much higher so he can be pushed off when contesting for the ball. 

Look at the difference between him and Zaniolo, who is of a similar height but a much bigger build and is able to win a lot of these duels. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sometimes sure, sometimes his lack of instinctive running means he's part of the problem.

• Like 1

On 27/09/2023 at 23:02, Rugeley Villa said:

Thought he was crap tonight . Big chance for him to shine , but was too easily dealt with. We looked more dangerous when Watkins came on for a short while, but overall very frustrating night. 

23 hours ago, supermon said:

He had no service whatsoever today

Yep. I lost count of the number of runs he made and the midfielder failed to attempt any kind of through ball leaving him stranded arms outstretched. 

On 27/09/2023 at 22:09, Keyblade said:

Hope all the boomers on Twitter suggesting he's better than Watkins because he's a "true striker" or whatever have been humbled. He's very raw, and can't really shoulder much of a burden yet, especially as a lone striker. His pressing also needs serious work. Had Diaby doing 2 jobs.

WTF is this constant reference to BOOMERS for anyone who has a different view? It's getting tiresome.

You know BOOMERS are like 80 now? Those who aren't dead already are mainly not that tech savvy (yeah, I know I'm over generalising boomers) 

So what the **** would a raw snotty nose kid like you know any better about strikers anyway?  Learned it off a computer game? 

See, it's dead easy to be insulting and encourage generation wars innit? 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

WTF is this constant reference to BOOMERS for anyone who has a different view? It's getting tiresome.

You know BOOMERS are like 80 now? Those who aren't dead already are mainly not that tech savvy (yeah, I know I'm over generalising boomers) 

So what the **** would a raw snotty nose kid like you know any better about strikers anyway?  Learned it off a computer game? 

I don't obviously mean literal Baby Boomers. It's a colloquialism that refers to people with outdated views and are generally out of touch. They tend to be older and maybe even actual Baby Boomers, yes, but that's neither here nor there. It's the opinion that I'm insulting not a group of people. 

18 hours ago, sidcow said:

Lol

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

I'm early 40s and my kids call me a boomer. Just a different way of calling old people out of touch which kids will do tomorrow, next year and a century from now. 

I call myself a boomer sometimes when I'm stuck in my ways and I was born in the 90's. 

20 hours ago, sidcow said:

It's not anyone with a different view. It's people over about 40 with stupid views which are prejudice.

They have their idea and will stick to it despite all the evidence in the world they are wrong.

Example: Steve Bruce is great because he's a real football man -> Dean Smith is small time. Not good enough -> Steven Gerrard, now there's a winner -> Unai Emery? The arsenal failure? Hmm yeah he's won some games but he's still foreign and plays a high line, so I don't like him.

Boomer, Brexit, thicko view.

Can't say I've seen the "constant references" though? It was an internet gag about 5 years ago to use it as an insult.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

It's not anyone with a different view. It's people over about 40 with stupid views which are prejudice.

They have their idea and will stick to it despite all the evidence in the world they are wrong.

Example: Steve Bruce is great because he's a real football man -> Dean Smith is small time. Not good enough -> Steven Gerrard, now there's a winner -> Unai Emery? The arsenal failure? Hmm yeah he's won some games but he's still foreign and plays a high line, so I don't like him.

Boomer, Brexit, thicko view.

Can't say I've seen the "constant references" though? It was an internet gag about 5 years ago to use it as an insult.

*prejudiced

Oh, the irony!

• Like 1

Â