Jhon Durán

PieFacE

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Selling archer and not getting another striker looks like a genius move 

Yes I said it when we sold him. If Watkins gets injured or looses form we are stuffed.  We got away with it after we sold Ings last season because Watkins stayed fit and was superb. Don't think he jae shown that form this season so all on Duran who should be 2nd backup not first 

• Like 1

Just now, PaulC said:

Yes I said it when we sold him. If Watkins gets injured or looses form we are stuffed.  We got away with it after we sold Ings last season because Watkins stayed fit and was superb. Don't think he jae shown that form this season so all on Duran who should be 2nd backup not first 

This for me os the mistake thats going to cost us this season. Then come January we either wont be able to get our striker target or will pay much more than we would have in the summer.

Madness we didnt sign another striker 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Duran was above Archer for backup striker & Archer doesn't really play the striker role we usually employ. 

Maybe thats the problem? Play to archers strengths ans we may have had a top goal scorer on our hands

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Maybe thats the problem? Play to archers strengths ans we may have had a top goal scorer on our hands

Not sure that the answer would have been to switch our style of play just to accommodate archer. I feel like he would've been more of the backup to Diaby in that hybrid second striker role.

1 hour ago, Digavilla said:

Not really convinced by his touches / Ball control and movement. Such traits are develope from very age and it's hard to coached. 19 yrs old is not that young anymore in this modern era. 

It actually is...

Proper breakthroughs are coming later and later, kellyman would still be classed as a PL2 player so duran is the only teenager in our team

Most teams have 1 or 2 bit part players at best, there's no teenager in the PL getting 20+ games, maybe Lewis at city or Hall at Newcastle at a push

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

4 games. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sne said:

Duran playing like a child. Teammates gonna hate you if you keep ignoring them and taking hopeless shots instead. He's young, sure they will tell him. Far from the biggest issue today sadly.

At least one of the shots he had no support

30 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If Watkins has a long term injury the line up will be tweaked to play Diaby or zaniolo up top, it won't be duran

That’s not really a tweak though. Neither of them are number 9s.

• Like 1

Â