Jhon Durán

PieFacE

7 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Whilst I like JD’s response - I really hate this trend of kids begging for players shirts after each game. 

Get a job and save up for one 😬

Couldn't agree more. It's proper weird.

"We all love you very much". Okey-dokey.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah, agreed. We need to see what he has to offer and give him enough game time, whether that’s here or on loan somewhere…

can’t imagine the way he was used last season to be that beneficial for his development at this age…needs to find consistency…

In a way, he was better off playing consistently for Chicago and getting goals…

Yeah maybe. But personally if I were 19 looking to develop I’d rather have spent the last 6 months getting coached by Unai Emery than Ezra Hendrickson and Frank Klopas.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Whilst I like JD’s response - I really hate this trend of kids begging for players shirts after each game. 

“Can you sign it ‘to eBay’ please?”

• Haha 2

On 28/07/2023 at 19:20, theboyangel said:

I agree, it looks ridiculous. It would put the players off approaching fans and nearly all of them would be more then willing anyway to give items out anyway without the scramble and begging.

• Like 1

On 28/07/2023 at 13:47, Jas10 said:

The JJ example is a great one… Deano was giving him significant game time when he didn’t really stand out either… he has developed so well so fast.

It’s what a player like Duran needs. Off the bench cameos (10-15 mins, seeing games out)… I’m not crazy about…

I think the cameos are just to help the player get comfortable with the setup and the experience, and test their ability to work hard and stick to a game plan.

The opportunities will come now in cup games and if we have an injury crisis. No need to throw him in at the deep end yet.

And I disagree a bit on JJ - he was getting significant game time on merit. I don’t think Deano was playing him just for the learning experience. He’s always been a much better player than he got credit for.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1

On 28/07/2023 at 13:36, Jas10 said:

We barely got a look at him really, 10 minute or so cameos doesn’t tell you much does it?

I’d like to think that his shot against the bar vs Man City was a small glimpse/insight into what he has to offer… he has a great attitude on the pitch too…

Could be the player the club thought Wes was going to become for us and/or the “next Benteke”…

Need to see more of him really… get him involved during preseason asap. Don’t know the nature of his injury…

I think his technique and body shape, for that moment, was impressive. If that had of gone in, it would be a different conversation.

He has loads of time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Show us what you got…

Problem is.

He won't be fit, having just trained.

Will be rusty.

And when he comes on, and looks that way, largely due to the above reasons, he'll be written off and slagged lol.

" I still really don't get the point of this signing, needs a loan to League 1 or something, not good enough "

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

I think the cameos are just to help the player get comfortable with the setup and the experience, and test their ability to work hard and stick to a game plan.

The opportunities will come now in cup games and if we have an injury crisis. No need to throw him in at the deep end yet.

And I disagree a bit on JJ - he was getting significant game time on merit. I don’t think Deano was playing him just for the learning experience. He’s always been a much better player than he got credit for.

Good comment but I didn’t specifically state that JJ didn’t deserve it, he clearly did for Deano to give him time and he proved a better judge than many of us…

I just meant that it wasn’t obvious (to some of us) that he was a special talent when he played in those games…

Yeah, I guess there are different aspects/elements to integrating players, particularly those form abroad and on the younger side…

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Problem is.

He won't be fit, having just trained.

Will be rusty.

And when he comes on, and looks that way, largely due to the above reasons, he'll be written off and slagged lol.

" I still really don't get the point of this signing, needs a loan to League 1 or something, not good enough "

Hope and assume he’ll be given more leeway and understanding due to his age, noticed a fair bit of love for him actually…

But no doubt there will be a few miserable idiots banging on like that 😆

• Like 1

Feel this kid has really missed out in terms of prep ahead of the new season, no involvement in our preseason yet and it’s almost over…

A shame, as I would’ve loved to get a good look at him and see him get up to speed…

I know Unai suggested otherwise, but a loan move doesn’t seem unlikely at all…

There is of course time to reintegrate him and get him involved… it’s just that this period was a great opportunity…

A shame he got injured…

I’m just finding it a little difficult to believe that Cam and Duran are our back up CFs this season… 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Feel this kid has really missed out in terms of prep ahead of the new season, no involvement in our preseason yet and it’s almost over…

A shame, as I would’ve loved to get a good look at him and see him get up to speed…

I know Unai suggested otherwise, but a loan move doesn’t seem unlikely at all…

There is of course time to reintegrate him and get him involved… it’s just that this period was a great opportunity…

A shame he got injured…

I’m just finding it a little difficult to believe that Cam and Duran are our back up CFs this season… 

Is he back with the squad yet? Really bizarre he’s had no involvement, unless of course he was carrying an injury.

Maybe we’ll see him get some minutes against Valencia. Otherwise he’s going to have to play some U21 games.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Is he back with the squad yet? Really bizarre he’s had no involvement, unless of course he was carrying an injury.

Maybe we’ll see him get some minutes against Valencia. Otherwise he’s going to have to play some U21 games.

He’s been injured… as well as Tim. I’m assuming he’s back with them now, saw him in training vids beforehand but he obv didn’t fly out to US…

• 2 weeks later...
Â