Weekends Football 14/15 January

andykeenan

1 minute ago, Lochheads twin said:

Pressure mounts on Everton. Unfortunately the trip to St Mary’s next week  may not be as easy as we may have expected. Let’s not concede any soft free kicks around our penalty area next week.

That'll be a concern. To be honest I don't rate Nathan Jones and any team could have beat Everton in that environment today. Saying that I fully expect to be sitting glumly next Saturday in true Villa fashion losing to them.

2 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

That'll be a concern. To be honest I don't rate Nathan Jones and any team could have beat Everton in that environment today. Saying that I fully expect to be sitting glumly next Saturday in true Villa fashion losing to them.

How come?  He's been very good at Luton.

24 minutes ago, Lochheads twin said:

Unfortunately the trip to St Mary’s next week  may not be as easy as we may have expected. 

We are Villa fans. I doubt anyone expected an easy game against Southampton.  We’ve seen this script too many times. 

• Like 1

Just now, VillaParkAvenue said:

Hope that cheating word removed at least gets a long suspension for his gambling shit.

Can't believe how long the FA are taking over this. Pretty sure the allegations were first revealed in early November.

They seem to have proof him or someone close to him has been betting endlessly so I don't understand how he can keep playing in the circumstances.

Just now, GlobalVillan said:

Can't decide if today's game makes our win at Brighton look better or our defeat to Liverpool look worse.

Maybe a bit of both.

We created plenty v Liverpool to stick 3 past them as Brentford and Brighton have done.

Those are the games though where having Ollie as the CF limits us as he just isn't clinical enough.

Didn’t care for that sky thing with the cameras following Bournemouth and Brentford around pre game, dressing rooms, interviewing players at HT, player cams during the warm up. Very NFL. No thanks. 

Edited by Johnnyp

2 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Didn’t care for that sky thing with the cameras following Bournemouth and Brentford around post game, dressing rooms, interviewing players at HT, player cams during the warm up. Very NFL. No thanks. 

Yup, another example of "they do it in America so it must be good."  To which I say - bollox.  As a former coach I would not have ever wanted to talk to some stupid reporter at half-time, nor would I want one of my players doing it.  Stupid distraction that provides the viewer with no real insight or entertainment.  It's not like any of them are going to be honest and give away the plans for the second half.... 

• Like 2

Â