• Bailey
    • Moreno (Digne 10)
    • Ings (Watkins 32)
    • Sanson (Ramsey 81)
    • Coutinho (Buendía 81)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/01/23 at 23:59

Loved that win. Leeds are always horrible to play against. They’re like the boxer that comes out swinging. We stood up to them well but struggled to get any control in a chaotic game. We rode our luck at times but got our goals at the right moments. We could easily have been 3-0 up with some better finishing so I’m not having any of the unlucky Leeds talk. I think our defence and midfield could now be quite solid but we do struggle in the final third. Bailey and Ings were frustrating to watch in the second half. They struggled to hold up the ball and relieve pressure at key times. 

Unreal win. 13 points from 6 games is champions league form. We will have more comfortable games ahead where we can impose our style on the game. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

From the absolute shite served up by Gerrard as well. 

16 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Ah, PPG talk, peak Gerrard days ;)

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Just think where we would be now if it wasn't for that Gerrard handicap start to the season. 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

What about the stupid shove in the box. Lucky, it could have been costly. He done some really good things, but he's not up to the standard of where we want to be. 

Absolutely, to achieve European football we are going to have to upgrade Mings and Konsa, especially if Emery wants us to play out from the back.

Sh*thoused our way to victory. Improved second half. Leeds won’t know how they lost but we used game management very well. 

Kamara best player on the pitch. Pure levels. We needed that!! Big big win 

Bailey would be twice the player he is if he kept things simple but he wasn’t bad atall tonight. Did well. Young did so so well with vital blocks and last ditch challenges, and Martinez kept us in it. 

Special mention for Moreno. Very tough game to fine into without much earning. He improved massively as it went on and looked good going forward. Buendia improved second half after being largely anonymous first half. Ramsay put in a shift and comes alive when he’s running at them but we need him in the opponents half more time be effective. Konsa and Mings looked very ropey at the start of the second half. Didn’t know where to pass it when we play it out but we bumbled our way there. 

Leeds impressed me with their attitude. Didn’t stop coming at us at 2-0. The young lad for them was class. Very mature for his age. Neville was desperate for him to score. Was a highly charged game and one the neutrals will have found entertaining  

Huge win. Not at our best but we’ve shown we can apply ourselves better than this so makes it more vital when we can bag the three points when we’re below par. 

Nervy one tonight. Relieved. So glad we’ve got Emery. Really like him. 

1 hour ago, jjaacckk91 said:

Can someone who understands the stats explain something to me.

According to whoscored pretty much the entire team had a great game 7-8 rating.

My eyes say we just got away with a robbery, surely both of those things can't be correct.

More shots on target than them, more possession, 16 shots in total. They did significantly outfoul us to be fair :) I think a draw would have been fair but I’m surprised how many are describing it as a robbery. Any win over Leeds will still see them outrun and outfight you for much of the game, they are unreal at it.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

It's a funny thing really, suspect if at the start of the season we'd been told that at this stage we would be only 3 points behind Liverpool, most of us would've taken that.

Hell, we're level on points with Chelsea!

11 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Absolutely, to achieve European football we are going to have to upgrade Mings and Konsa, especially if Emery wants us to play out from the back.

Guys can be coached , to a point. And you can’t recreate game scenarios to an exact science in training. I think Mings and Konsa have an absolute desire and want to carry out the blueprint Emery wants. It’s just not going to look as effortless for them as is it is to say Kamara. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

That may be true but sadly it takes time and patience, sadly Villa fans don’t have that and therefore are going to be disappointed.

Shows the strength of the league that a fairly pointless mid table match has that much intensity riding on it. Yes we rode our luck but sometime you just gotta win ugly.  Martinez save was world class and I refuse to believe Ashley Young will be 38 this year. Kamara is turning into a very promising signing, just need someone else in the middle to help out. Ramsey and Buendia did very little. Bailey is looking like a one in 3 player like John Carew. Overall we are consolidating our position in mid table and maybe, just maybe, we can have a push on to a top half finish.  Oh and Leeds can do one. Tinpot club.

3 minutes ago, smg said:

That may be true but sadly it takes time and patience, sadly Villa fans don’t have that and therefore are going to be disappointed.

Getting Diego back will be huge for us. It helps that we are going relatively well. There will be no rush to get him back and his recovery can proceed in a careful and considered fashion. 

Â