Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

What's so hard for people to understand about the transfer market?

We have to set a value for each player we are interested in. Price we'll pay on a transfer fee and price we'll pay in wages. We then need to accept the players available in January is smaller pool than summer and those that are available usually have premiums on them as they're probably key players on their side. So for a team to sell mid season they'll want extra. Take Sarr or Guendouzi, why would you sell them now for the same price as you would in the summer? You wouldn't

So for us we need to see if a deal can happen for a price we are willing to pay. It's nothing to do with how much money we have to spend as it's a business and we have FFP to make us pay for poor decisions and our January business in the previous 3 windows has been pretty damn poor. Do we have any player regularly in our side we signed in any of those windows? Digne maybe. 

That's before we look at players factors. Summer is better time to move as you get pre season and also there are more clubs in the market so you might get a bigger move than what's on offer in Jan. 

We've a good squad it's difficult improving it and even more difficult improving it in January 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

A lot of Marseilles fans saying he is much more suited to playing centrally a little deeper. Like how Kamara and Luiz play for us I guess. Not sure where he fits in if we sign him. Will be interesting. 

Always said it's for CM. We need competition there and have zero

One question, if we're failing to attract targets, and we have a mediocre season because we've failed to sign targets, why would we be any more attractive a proposition to said targets in the summer?

Just now, HKP90 said:

One question, if we're failing to attract targets, and we have a mediocre season because we've failed to sign targets, why would we be any more attractive a proposition to said targets in the summer?

Because, in itself, the summer is a more attractive time to move for a player as the disruption to the club you're leaving is 5000% less. 

I am excited because I know that every single signing that does come through the door from now on will be for a specific role in the squad and will have met Unai's exacting standards in terms of quality. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Think a lot of clubs might be hesitant to sell mid season and a lot of players will be hesitant to move mid season for various reasons. If players specifically doesn't want to move here then I guess it won't matter if it's January or in the summer.

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Performance under Emery. We can show for the part of the season he was in charge we were top 7 in ppg. With a squad he inherited and not had a chance to build. 

Working with a coach who consistently improves players and is one of the best coaches in the world is enticing.

Also as stated, moving in Summer is just a better time as players want to move more and prices are more reasonable

3 hours ago, Anything11 said:

might want to check that sail - judging by your post history you are closer to a blacked out captain jack sparrow than christopher columbus

I get your point, but you might want to avoid using Columbus as an example of a competent sailor. The guy was useless, thought the world was pear shaped and didn't have a clue where he was. Magellan might be a better example ;)

Just now, Monkeypuzzle said:

I get your point, but you might want to avoid using Columbus as an example of a competent sailor. The guy was useless, thought the world was pear shaped and didn't have a clue where he was. Magellan might be a better example ;)

Lapu Lapu likes this

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He was shocking yesterday. First time I’ve ever seen him this season so not sure how he normally plays. But if one of our players performed like that we’d be going mental.

Knew he was going and couldn't focus?

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Performance under Emery. We can show for the part of the season he was in charge we were top 7 in ppg. With a squad he inherited and not had a chance to build. 

Working with a coach who consistently improves players and is one of the best coaches in the world is enticing.

Also as stated, moving in Summer is just a better time as players want to move more and prices are more reasonable

Again, we've lost a lot of goals this window. Top 7 ppg by the end of the season is, unfortunately, a fantasy, and I'm happy to donate £50 if we retain a top 7 ppg by season end. It just won't happen without more up top.

Sure Emery is a great coach but the squad is weaker than it was, and you cannot expect better results than he's already had with a weaker squad. It's just logic.

Â