Artwork connected to closest major river

Marka Ragnos

Please post a piece of artwork connected to the nearest major river to your current home. Name the river or don't, and feel free to answer and define terms of question any way you wish (you lot will anyway) ... 

I can start  

640px-Washington_Crossing_the_Delaware_by_Emanuel_Leutze,_MMA-NYC,_1851.jpg

Edited by Marka Ragnos

If, like me, you were curious as to what the definition of 'major river' is, may I suggest perusing this map of 'main rivers' 

Main River Map

A 'main river' is defined as one which The Environment Agency carries out maintenance, improvement or construction work on to manage flood risk. Other rivers are called ‘ordinary watercourses’. Unfortunately this map and definition applies only to England. So, if you live outside of England, you will need to derive your own definition of 'major river'. 

Edited by hogso

Two for one, both featuring the same river, these can be found on my walls.

Won’t exactly prove to be too difficult identifying it, I would imagine.

I’ve been known to have a drink or two in that building in the right picture.

1871154C-AE37-4E70-A1FA-F28AB98C45FA.thumb.jpeg.55955845cf3ade8c81a5ac8368ef7e58.jpeg

• Like 2

The river probably isn't the most significant part of this painting, but it is there, and it is the nearest to where I live. If you figure out what the painting is of, you can work it out. 

UK_DRM_BI_94X.jpg.bbf09d16dcf90cfdf466ce1416d1cb30.jpg

9 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

The river probably isn't the most significant part of this painting, but it is there, and it is the nearest to where I live. If you figure out what the painting is of, you can work it out. 

UK_DRM_BI_94X.jpg.bbf09d16dcf90cfdf466ce1416d1cb30.jpg

River Skerne

• Like 1

Â