Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

He’ll be in for Fulham id imagine

Needs minutes off the bench first. Good he was back on the bench today but he was on it for a few games in September and then disappeared for another six weeks.

You'd think with some of the positions Digne was getting in today then a fully fit Moreno would've got an assist with his crossing quality.

Digne on 4 yellows so we do need to get him fully fit soon as he might be needed to start at Spurs and you don't want to put someone in who's not played for six months against league leaders.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Needs minutes off the bench first. Good he was back on the bench today but he was on it for a few games in September and then disappeared for another six weeks.

You'd think with some of the positions Digne was getting in today then a fully fit Moreno would've got an assist with his crossing quality.

Digne on 4 yellows so we do need to get him fully fit soon as he might be needed to start at Spurs and you don't want to put someone in who's not played for six months against league leaders.

Can easily give him 45mins Thursday night and see how he comes through that 

1 minute ago, rbcuk said:

Can easily give him 45mins Thursday night and see how he comes through that 

I think if we're 2 up I'd give him the last half hour v Alkmaar. Same for Fulham. Then with two week international break and no setbacks he should be o.k for an hour at Spurs if required.

Seems a weird thing on this forum that players are out for months and then there's demands for them to start immediately. You had loads asking in April why Carlos wasn't playing and he'd just come off a very serious injury, will probably be same for Buendia if he can get back involved next April.

I'd say Ramsey returning probably a week or two ahead of schedule and then having a serious setback is reason enough why you don't rush things.

I think he might have to wait, after a shaky start, Digne has been tidy and his numbers have been decent, and I think that bringing Moreno straight back in would send the wrong message to the rest of the squad. He will get a chance at some point, and then I would expect him keep the left back slot for the rest of the season.

Contrast this with Ramsey, where Zaniolo at the moment seems to be wasting the chance to make that position his. You would expect Ramsey to get straight back in, and there would be no issues with that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

I think he might have to wait, after a shaky start, Digne has been tidy and his numbers have been decent

We just lost a game. Past and present scapegoats must be sacrificed at the VT altar of discontent

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Digne has been good, and he's certainly a good player. But still, I'd have Moreno over him every single time. He's excellent.

I agree with this assessment somewhat. Although I believe Moreno is a better fullback, I don't feel the difference is so pronounced.

Digne's first touch is really very good, amongst the best in our squad. Moreno's first touch occasionally let's him down. 

The space afforded to Digne yesterday would have been punished had Moreno been the player out there. His pace and ability to beat a man would've murdered Aina. 

Looking forward to him coming back. We need his attacking threat in games like yesterday's.

• Like 1

On 05/11/2023 at 21:46, Tom13 said:

Digne has been good, and he's certainly a good player. But still, I'd have Moreno over him every single time. He's excellent.

Agreed. Digne has done very well but Moreno suits the way Emery wants to play better. I hope he's ready to start by the Spurs game. 

• Like 1

Think he needs some minutes to get him firing for a very busy December. Perhaps the thought is to give him another 2 weeks recovery and training time to get him up to scratch. Can see him starting against Legia with Cash, Konsa and Lenglet. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Surprised he didn't come on today. I thought digne looked exhausted even in the first half.

I was thinking the same Digne has played really well so far, but it seems like having Moreno on the bench is having a negative effect on him ?

Â