Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

If we hadn't signed kamara on a free in the summer this guy would be my signing of the season. 

Kamara is/or is close to world class so I won’t disagree with that. What I would say is that in terms of transforming our play, this guy has had just as big an impact. He’s incredible. 

12 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

There's quite a few tip - toeing out the closet on this page, or maybe not even tip - toeing.

A bit off topic Sheepy but do you remember black Pat from the Cushion. Openly Gay in a time when it could be problematic and often would wear a dress but hard as nails. Mad as a box of frogs but a nice fella 

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Still can’t believe he is 29. Where the hell has he been all his career! 

Late bloomer. Emery remarked about Young's age, he believes it is possible for players to go longer now than ever before.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Still can’t believe he is 29. Where the hell has he been all his career! 

Or where has Emery been all Moreno’s Career 😘

17 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Has been streaming on Twitch tonight with Dougie, Emi, Diego, Buendia. The Spanish speaking contingent seem to be great friends, no Coutinho tonight but he's been with a lot of them a fair bit too. Good to see the team spirit, hopefully the English speaking lads cross pollinate with them more than the old English/French divide in the 15/16 season

Those are great videos. Clearly a lot of comradery going round. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

All looks clean and good fun though, not boozing in a night club VIP area with blondes who aren't their wives

Worlds changed 😂

I was just thinking exactly this. Just had a big win. Normally footballers are in nightclubs waiting for that special person who will see them in court 6 months later. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

A bit off topic Sheepy but do you remember black Pat from the Cushion. Openly Gay in a time when it could be problematic and often would wear a dress but hard as nails. Mad as a box of frogs but a nice fella 

If it's the right fella, he used to drink in the crown in town too. The one I'm referring to sadly died of aids a few years ago. He used to go down the Villa before he came out as openly gay. Another one I knew from the C - Crew was Vince Bailey who boxed professionally, and came out and ended up falling out with his best pal from the C - Crew, Dave o Saye. Different times, my friend. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, av1 said:

Kamara is/or is close to world class so I won’t disagree with that. What I would say is that in terms of transforming our play, this guy has had just as big an impact. He’s incredible. 

I'm confused why he has no international caps and hasn't played for anyone better than betis, as he is top quality. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I'm confused why he has no international caps and hasn't played for anyone better than betis, as he is top quality. 

I am also confused but really happy as thats why he cost 12 mill rather than 25 . Half the price of Digne and twice the output

2 minutes ago, TB said:

Yup. I believe JJ and Aaron both have claimed that Cole is the best footballer of the three brothers. Here's hoping...

Can’t say I’ve seen much of Cole, where does he play?

2 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

He's spent most of his career playing in the Spanish second division or battling relegation before he went to Betis.  He didn't really start to turn heads until he went to Betis, but his age turned off most of the top clubs from going after him.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, av1 said:

Or where has Emery been all Moreno’s Career 😘

I think that's called hitting the nail on the head.  He's just perfectly suited to Unai's style/system.  As a "traditional" left back he'd be seen as being average defensively. In this system his emphasis is attacking with the ball from deeper areas.  Reminds me very much of the role that Kenny Swain used to play for us (a converted winger) where Gary Williams on the left would stay deeper behind Tony Morley while Swain had free reign to bomb forward from right-back. 

• Like 1

Not to be that guy, but there's lot of good players in a lot of teams all across Europe. If Benfica hadn't gone on this run in the champions league people might say the same thing about Grimaldo. They're similar ages, haven't played for Spain and are both very good. 

If you look through the list of Spanish left backs over the last 10 years there's so many names that stand out and most would recognise, Moreno would need to overtake them and then there was Alba, one of the best left backs in the world. 

I think Moreno is good but I also think he suits our system perfectly and is in good form. There's a reason Emery picked him specifically and it's a good marriage that suits everyone well. I just take issue with the idea of him being anonymous when that is likely more to do with not being an avid watcher of La Liga. You don't make nearly 150 appearances in La Liga for a Europa League team without having ability of course. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Without all those international friendlies, qualifying and tournaments, we can take advantage of a low mileage Moreno!

• Like 1

Â