Match Thread: Spurs v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

I get loads of enjoyment seeing a team with good shape. We’ve given very little away, it’s great. 

I get loads of enjoyment seeing women with good shape too.

seriously, I agree......but very risky in the first 10 minutes.

3 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

I'd probably bring Ings on for Buendia and keep Oli wide.

don't mind this at all. Coutinho or Archer could be options as well. Just don't think that we should keep Buendia though, he's not offering much today.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Lightweight Paul, Nothings is coming from him, and he can't stay on the ball.

He won one tackle lol and nothing Is coming from any of them. The only chance created was the one Watkins crested for himself 

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Boring as hell but Defensive resolute and away at our bogey teams Spurs, I’m good with the first half.  We look poor when we do attack but can’t complain 0-0 at half time.

Have you watched Spurs, even forest  scored first half then got demolished second half. That we haven't got a goal it's nailed on a loss.

• Haha 2

Would have been good having young on the bench for direct pace, especially now their back 3 are on yellows.

Bailey needs to hold the ball up, same as emi b, stop the flicks which have given the ball away every time, keep it and try building further up the pitch.

Olsen still dithering, luckily the only shot they had on target young headed away.

Olsen has been excellent first half. Distribution has been really, really good. Fair play to him for stepping up. The pressure must be huge on him given recent performances and a world cup winner on the bench.

Buendia is so frustrating. Rarely starts a game well. Is a super sub for me. 

Olsen played one pass out to Buendia in midfield. Great, difficult pass, but emi does what emi does and tries to draw a foul against very strong midfielders. He's never getting a foul there and he has done it loads of times in the past. It's lazy and dumb. Should've cost us a goal. Thankfully no more direct passes to him and he's mostly losing the ball in their half, but I'm predicting he costs us a goal in this game.

Just now, AV82 said:

I wonder how much better we'd look with two proper forwards? Bailey blows hot and cold and we all know Watkins isn't it.

Watkins is so frustrating at times. He does so many things really good and gets himself some great chances, but generally messes the last little piece up almost every time. His finishing is so bad it surely has to be a mental thing at this point.

Solid performance from us first half and if we can get one (or more!) of their defenders sent off that would be useful given they have 3 on yellow cards.

Tottenham normally do well second half so we'll have to do very well to get anything.

Come on Villa - fingers crossed for the second half.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Have you watched Spurs, even forest  scored first half then got demolished second half. That we haven't got a goal it's nailed on a loss.

maybe go take a walk instead then if it's already decided ;)

On the front foot early without really creating anything and then seemed to forget that you need to get the ball down to the other end occasionally.   We miss Ramsay to carry the ball forward.