VillaTalk Deadpool 2023

Xela

Just now, Designer1 said:

I'm sure Helen Mirren will raise a wry smile at that one.

Indeed. For every Mohammad Ali or George Best, that Mirren interview will always be the prime evidence in the case for the prosecution. 

Unreconstructed Yorkshireman of a certain generation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

The Anti-Parky team really is a force to be reckoned with.

IMG_9626.thumb.jpeg.6ce2557b680cd819b3383633b5e0c532.jpeg

Damn, I was going to add Grace Jones, but turns out that was Russell Harty.

Russell Harty

giphy.gif

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Indeed. For every Mohammad Ali or George Best, that Mirren interview will always be the prime evidence in the case for the prosecution. 

Unreconstructed Yorkshireman of a certain generation. 

He was a bit unreconstructed, but his interview with George Michael after he had been destroyed in the media and forced to come out publicly sticks in my mind. You could tell Parky was a bit uncomfortable with some of the details, but he let George shine.

28 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Terry Funk, a wrestling legend and hardcore style pioneer, gone at 79. Didn't finally stop wrestling until 2017, after starting in 1965.

Wrestling is a profession that has younger deaths than most but its funny Funk lived longer than most and he was probably one of the craziest riskier performers about

34 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Wrestling is a profession that has younger deaths than most but its funny Funk lived longer than most and he was probably one of the craziest riskier performers about

I'm surprised he didn't die in the ring,  all the death matches, barbed wire matches. He gave everything.

9 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I'm surprised he didn't die in the ring,  all the death matches, barbed wire matches. He gave everything.

It's almost as if they're just pretending. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

It's almost as if they're just pretending. 

It's almost as if you have no **** idea what you're talking about 😆

Just because the ending of the matches and the storylines are scripted doesn't mean wrestlers bodies don't get battered physically.

It's a ridiculously demanding profession both mentally and on the body.

Funk was a bona fide Legend in wrestling. Just because you don't understand its appeal or how it all works doesn't change that fact.

In 1999, Funk was featured in director Barry Blaustein's wrestling documentary Beyond the Mat. His legendary toughness was attested to when cameramen followed him to a medical appointment, where he was told, by the doctor, that he should not even be able to walk without intense pain. 

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Just because the ending of the matches and the storylines are scripted doesn't mean wrestlers bodies don't get battered physically.

Funk was a bona fide Legend in wrestling. Just because you don't understand its appeal or how it all works doesn't change that fact.

Thanks for putting me right.  I've a new found respect now.👍

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Designer1 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Haha 2