VillaTalk Deadpool 2023

Xela

13 hours ago, sne said:

John Gosling from The Kinks, 75 y.o

Not an original memeber of the Kinks I think. They brought him in with another bass player when Peter Quaife left. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, veloman said:

Not an original memeber of the Kinks I think. They brought him in with another bass player when Peter Quaife left. 

70-78 according to the internet.

23 minutes ago, sne said:

70-78 according to the internet.

Yep , about right. We backed The Kinks at The Belfry in 1970 (I think) - "Lola" was number 1 that week. They didn't play many, if any, of their fast R&B numbers, possibly 'cos they didn't play on the record. Think Jimmy Page played the guitar part and Clem Cattini the drum part - although reckon Mick Avory could have played that easily enough. The Davies brothers didn't speak to us and were rather arrogant but Mick Avory was a really pleasant bloke. Did drop a lot of sticks though !!!

• Like 4

Just now, veloman said:

Yep , about right. We backed The Kinks at The Belfry in 1970 (I think) - "Lola" was number 1 that week. They didn't play many, if any, of their fast R&B numbers, possibly 'cos they didn't play on the record. Think Jimmy Page played the guitar part and Clem Cattini the drum part - although reckon Mick Avory could have played that easily enough. The Davies brothers didn't speak to us and were rather arrogant but Mick Avory was a really pleasant bloke. Did drop a lot of sticks though !!!

Nice!

• Like 1

Man, William Friedkin. What a master behind the camera. French Connection, Exorcist, Sorcerer probably one of the best 1-2-3 punches of any director. Even his lesser films had brilliance and enjoyability in them. 

22 minutes ago, theunderstudy said:

French Connection, Exorcist, Sorcerer probably one of the best 1-2-3 punches of any director. 

Kubrick: 

Dr Strangelove 

2001: A Space Odyssey 

A Clockwork Orange 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

The Luton Town fanatic who used to host TVAM with Anne Diamond??

You not from the West Midlands? He is a staple of BBC Midlands today the evening West Midlands news programme 

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

You not from the West Midlands? He is a staple of BBC Midlands today the evening West Midlands news programme 

I am, but not lived down that way for many years nor watched the Midlands news to realise he hosted that.

However, after a quick Mooney of him it is the same guy I was referring to.  Sad news.  😔