VillaTalk Deadpool 2023

Xela

I know a couple. Obviously “You ain’t seen nothing yet” (which I knew independently of Smashie & Nicey) and “Takin’ care of business”

But I only know the latter was one of theirs because of Homer’s insistence on streamlining their setlist to avoid any “new crap”.

Country singer, Claude Gray has died.

Bob Marley did a very shit reworking of this.

This was really written by Willie Nelson but as was the case with willie, he flogged it.

• Like 1

On 01/05/2023 at 14:06, Mark Albrighton said:

I know a couple. Obviously “You ain’t seen nothing yet” (which I knew independently of Smashie & Nicey) and “Takin’ care of business”

But I only know the latter was one of theirs because of Homer’s insistence on streamlining their setlist to avoid any “new crap”.

prefer "Shotgun Rider".

4 hours ago, Chindie said:

:(

Got a few of his albums, the one above is a fave along with Daylight Katy.

• Like 3

I only encountered him a few months back, but I've added a few to the faves lists. Very talented songwriter - who can manage to make a decent song out of a shipping disaster?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

I only encountered him a few months back, but I've added a few to the faves lists. Very talented songwriter - who can manage to make a decent song out of a shipping disaster?

I wasn't clued upon him til Dandy Warhols covered "Edmund Fitzgerald"  a few years back and that got me investigating.

• Like 1

Ooh, Gordon's a big one. Will have to give Edmund Fitzgerald a spin (that's a youtube play) soon over a whiskey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Singer Linda Lewis, 72.

I had a great LP by her, think it was called "Not a Little Girl Anymore". Some classics on that and backe by some top notch session players.