Formula One - 2023

BOF

13 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I wonder how many people watch races these days,  I am sure the BBC used to get millions of viewers,  it can't be the same now ?

It’s so different now.

You see old videos of Schumacher, Mansell, Senna wrestling the car for 2 hours. Constant steering inputs to keep it pointing forwards.

Now current drivers complaining that the upshifts are slightly notchy or the front wing feels 1 gram out of balance. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Regardless of anything else that’s wrong with F1 at the moment if you race at crap tracks you get crap races, it’s that simple.

and they keep adding more and more of them

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I wonder how many people watch races these days,  I am sure the BBC used to get millions of viewers,  it can't be the same now ?

Worldwide the numbers are huge, especially because of Drive to survive. It's by far the best marketed sport around, they really know how to promote the product. The sad thing for them is that the product is a complete lemon and they will have to find even more ways to keep the TV audience. 

• Like 2

I'm on board with everyone complaining about how boring the sport has got, I usually follow everything to do with the F1, the last 2 seasons have been absolutely terrible though, I have watched every race so far this season but I usually use it as an excuse to get an hours kip in the middle of the day, watch the first 5 laps sleep and wake up for the last 5 laps, that seems to be the perfect way to do it.

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’ve read Verstappen was getting booed on the grandstand. What’s that about? I’ve not watched this season. 

He's a word removed. He races for a word removed team. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I get that, but what specific about this race to get boos? 

The way I see it, it's the reaction to his recent behaviour wrt Russell etc. He's been a bit of a helmet for a while now but never really got that kind of reaction. But as I said last week, he seemed to bring it to another level recently, and I think this is the fans reacting to it. I may be giving most (not all) American fans too much credit for being in touch with what's going on, but there'll have been a lot of Spanish-speaking fans there too and they'll definitely have been aware of it all.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’ve read Verstappen was getting booed on the grandstand. What’s that about? I’ve not watched this season. 

He's a word removed

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Not sure if anyone feels the same. But since the whole 2021 Abu Dhabi stuff I haven't watched a single race.

You mean the best race ever......

I watch it but I am getting the feeling that waiting for Ferrari, Mercs or McLaren to step up and challenge will be a long wait.