World Cup: Matches

Genie

6 hours ago, El Segundo said:

Don't the players (and fans) have a right to an opinion? Kosovo is Serbian as far they are concerned,  it was taken off them under an unlawful declaration of independence and I reckon they have a right to be pissed off about it.  

But they only had this for the Swiss game, a country who took in 200000 refugees from the conflict. They knew what they were doing

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

Hard to envision anyone stopping this swashbuckling Brazil team. 

To use the England logic in here.

They haven't played anyone strong yet so we can't judge if they are good or not.

7 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

They haven't played anyone strong yet so we can't judge if they are good or not.

Someone's got to be able to get hold of that midfield, casemiro is playing well but someone like Spain who then don't let them have the ball for 70% of the game would be interesting

They're going to be too attacking vs someone

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

It's certainly a valid point...

Richarlison is playing well but he hasn't really been great in the PL. Casemiro too not that great...

Again like France they are good in attack...

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

Not sure - Switzerland and Serbia are both far better than anyone England have faced (possible exception USA, hard to know how good they actually are tbh).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

But they only had this for the Swiss game, a country who took in 200000 refugees from the conflict. They knew what they were doing

So what? Aren't they entitled to protest something that means a lot to them, like other teams have been trying to do?

Anyway not really the place to discuss it.  If interested in a different perspective have a look at the Balkans thread in off-topic.  

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Not sure - Switzerland and Serbia are both far better than anyone England have faced (possible exception USA, hard to know how good they actually are tbh).

Are Serbia actually 'far better' than Senegal? They drew with Cameroon, who are surely not significantly better than Senegal. 

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Are Serbia actually 'far better' than Senegal? They drew with Cameroon, who are surely not significantly better than Senegal. 

...and Cameroon beat Brazil!

Obviously very much on paper, but Serbia have genuine stars in their side (Vlahovic, Milinkovic-Savic) as well as quality like Kostic, Tadic and Mitrovic.  Senegal just... don't.  Quite solid in places - obviously Sarr and Koulibaly are decent players - but generally just not as strong, yeah.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

...and Cameroon beat Brazil!

Obviously very much on paper, but Serbia have genuine stars in their side (Vlahovic, Milinkovic-Savic) as well as quality like Kostic, Tadic and Mitrovic.  Senegal just... don't.  Quite solid in places - obviously Sarr and Koulibaly are decent players - but generally just not as strong, yeah.

I just don't think 'far better' is a suitable descriptor here. I would agree Serbia are 'far better' than Qatar and Costa Rica, probably 'far better' than Canada, but basically much of a muchness with the USA, Cameroon and Senegal. 

8 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Ah **** that. 10 men behind the ball. Need to filter out that shite at this stage of the competition. 

You cant expect morocco to take the game to spain they would get destroyed like korea did. What they are doing is working causing spain problems

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You cant expect morocco to take the game to spain they would get destroyed like korea did. What they are doing is working causing spain problems

I know that and there is a place for it, of course. Me personally, i wouldn’t want to see anyone go deep in the competition playing like that. From a spectacle point of view.