World Cup: Matches

Genie

As bad as Aluko is, I've got to laugh at lads saying this is why women shouldn't be pundits. As if the male ex-players are chock-full of sparkling insights themselves.

Wrighty's the only one I can stand, but that's only because of his enthusiasm.

Edited by His Name Is Death

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not sure the issue, she said its one in two nearly which is quite accurate

She isnt great but this isnt a reason to bash her, if Jamie Redknapp said this I doubt people would be tweeting it immediately

Here we go?? 🙄

8 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

She said 19 goals in 40 appearances. If you do the maths it works out as 1 goal per game. 

I presume if you do do the math on how many minutes his appearances come out to it would add up to about 19 games, which would be the point she is making there. 

I did the math. Transfermarkt says 2432 mins, which is about 27 x 90 mins. 19 divided by 27 is not a goal per game

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

Didn't look a pen to me. He looked he kicked and missed and Richarlison feigned it. Ah well. It was game over at 1-0 to be honest.

It wasn't a pen, Korean was about to kick the ball and didn't even see Richarlison. Same as that Villa foul, can't remember the game, but the pen was rightly not given

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Because I've seen plenty of her as a pundit. She wouldn't have a clue how many minutes he's played.

It seems a lot more likely than the idea that she doesn’t understand 19 is not the same as 40 now doesn’t it? 

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

It seems a lot more likely than the idea that she doesn’t understand 19 is not the same as 40 now doesn’t it? 

Not really, like I said I've seen plenty of her as a pundit. She obviously meant to say nearly a goal every two games. Anyway, let's move on.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

19 in 26 isn’t nearly a goal a game, you’d be laughed at for trying to sell that stat I think.

thats an incredible stat

When was the last time a Villa player got 19 in 26? Except Haaland potentially this season I be surprised if many players have achieved that in the Premier League ever