World Cup: Matches

Genie

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Not often a team goes in 4 nil up and will be disappointed about missed opportunities. 

If it was Villa you just know the opposition would come back for 4-4 or to win 5-4

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Brazil can **** off. I don’t care how good they are — half the players are assholes and Bolsanaro bootlickers. Even legends like Ronaldhino have lost my respect.

Agreed, especially Neymar, Dani Alves, Thiago Silva and the other **** on that team that support far-right politics. Shame South Korea isn't better..

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

This is scintillating from Brazil, but don't  their lengthy celebrations for each goal show disrespect to their already-humiliated opponents?

Wait until you see the 7th goal celebration. A 10 man reach around complete with samba.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

I don’t think it’s like that, I’m sure most brazil sides do this anyway. I think it’s just how Brazilians like to do things. Music and dance is quite intertwined into most things they traditionally like to do. 

True, but also saving face is of great importance in Korean culture, so they probably feel the Brazilian showboating very sensitively.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Those retired Brazilian players in the dignitaries box: does every team get that and, if so, why haven't we seen Sir Geoff Hurst & Paul Gascoigne there, looking smug & podgy during England matches?

Because the qataris bought Beckham instead

Edit -  if you exclude players who went in to TV work and coaching / managing I'm not sure who else there is if I'm honest, Robbie Fowler and David James??

Edited by villa4europe
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Because the qataris bought Beckham instead

Edit -  if you exclude players who went in to TV work and coaching / managing I'm not sure who else there is if I'm honest, Robbie Fowler and David James??

Wayne Bridge

7 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Those retired Brazilian players in the dignitaries box: does every team get that and, if so, why haven't we seen Sir Geoff Hurst & Paul Gascoigne there, looking smug & podgy during England matches?

Gabriel Agbonlahor is out there

• Haha 1