World Cup: Matches

Genie

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

I'd certainly take Embolo at Villa.

Ollie is a better player. Turns up for Switzerland but does nothing at club level

Like a Swiss David Healy or Kenny Miller

Edited by Zatman

4 hours ago, messi11 said:

Serbia are pretty crap considering theyve got all these well known big names in their team including the "120 Million" Sergej Milinkovic-Savic

Something don’t sit right about him. Folk on about him for years. Still at Lazio. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Undefeated and haven't allowed any goals from open play, just the Wales penalty. USA will be feeling confident for this.

My fear is the effort they had to put in against England and Iran. Physically - emptied the tank . A Dutch side who look like they’ve played with the handbrake on . I could be way off though and overating them. Might not be that good. 

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

Undefeated and haven't allowed any goals from open play, just the Wales penalty. USA will be feeling confident for this.

Dutch squad suffering from a outbreak of flu in the group, lots of players sick our worse for wear. Might be the AC thing or something contagious. 

10 hours ago, maqroll said:

They were on cruise control today. Meaningless game for them.

I think they can win the tournament. 

You'll get decent odds that to be fair, the general consensus is that they lack the attacking creativity to make enough chances against the best sides, but you never know. 

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

You'll get decent odds that to be fair, the general consensus is that they lack the attacking creativity to make enough chances against the best sides, but you never know. 

11 hours ago, maqroll said:

They were on cruise control today. Meaningless game for them.

I think they can win the tournament. 

Are we talking about Switzerland winning the tournament 😳

I’m reading articles where Holland say their strategy is to play “boring.” I think the idea is to let the Americans tire themselves out. But considering some of the talent on the Dutch side, it seems a bit disingenuous say those players are anything but boring. Head games. I think it’s going to be an edgy nail-biter. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos