World Cup: Matches

Genie

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Qatar is slightly larger than Yorkshire and it's hosting one of the biggest sporting competitions on the planet

At the 2012 Olympics, Qatar got two medals. Yorkshire got 12.  :)

MY FRIDAY MATCH PREDICTIONS ... please agree, dispute, ridicule, weep ... 

GROUP A 
Qatar 1
Senegal 2

Qatar aren't great but Senegal have offensive problems, so it won't be a blowout.  

Netherlands 1 
Ecuador 2
The South Americans were holding off the accelerator versus Qatar. I think Netherlands are going to be surprised and have a handful dealing with the youthful Tri.

GROUP B
Wales 3
 Iran 1
Wales won't run riot, but should get past Iran and then some. 

England 5
 USA 1
Everyone talks about how young the USA team is, but so is England, and Saka and Rashford particularly are just to crush us, I fear, in a humiliating show of football versus "soccer." We Americans may get lucky and get one desperate ball in the net, but this USA squad dominates midfield -- and then doesn't know what to do except dribble into trouble. They honestly remind me a lot of Villa under Gerrard or Man U under  Rangnick.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

MY FRIDAY MATCH PREDICTIONS ... please agree, dispute, ridicule, weep ... 

GROUP A 
Qatar 1
Senegal 2

Qatar aren't great but Senegal have offensive problems, so it won't be a blowout.  

Netherlands 1 
Ecuador 2
The South Americans were holding off the accelerator versus Qatar. I think Netherlands are going to be surprised and have a handful dealing with the youthful Tri.

GROUP B
Wales 3
 Iran 1
Wales won't run riot, but should get past Iran and then some. 

England 5
 USA 1
Everyone talks about how young the USA team is, but so is England, and Saka and Rashford particularly are just to crush us, I fear, in a humiliating show of football versus "soccer." We Americans may get lucky and get one desperate ball in the net, but this USA squad dominates midfield -- and then doesn't know what to do except dribble into trouble. They honestly remind me a lot of Villa under Gerrard or Man U under  Rangnick.  

Probably agree with everything except the USA England.

Yanks will be well fired up lol.

I say 3:2 England in a close but entertaining game.

• Like 1