World Cup: Matches

Genie

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

I mean they could just hold it somewhere where football actually produces loads of revenue....... like europe. Revolutionary, I know.

But then how can the elite of these countries host corporate events for their pals! 

That was shocking by Mendy btw. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

But then how can the elite of these countries host corporate events for their pals! 

That was shocking by Mendy btw. 

I would have boycotted 2018 and 2022 based on

the massive fraud in them winning at our expense.
Crimean invasion

Qatari sponsorship of terrorism

10 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Crimean invasion

I don’t understand why more hasn’t been made of blatter saying it was already agreed that USA would have 2022

why have a **** bidding process then

• Like 1

Just now, Jimzk5 said:

I don’t understand why more hasn’t been made of blatter saying it was already agreed that USA would have 2022

why have a **** bidding process then

They had it in 94 as well so they get another 28 years later...... meanwhile England 60 years later....

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

They had it in 94 as well so they get another 28 years later...... meanwhile England 60 years later....

Is still not a market with as much potential growth...

Even when it's above board its still more about money than it is about football

Just now, villa4europe said:

Is still not a market with as much potential growth...

Even when it's above board its still more about money than it is about football

When we bid for 18 and 22 the revenue on offer was more than double it was almost triple the other bids 

20 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Crimean invasion

No country is sweaky clean tbh but the whole corruption thing definitely stank.  What can you do hey? England might hold another WC in our lifetime if we’re lucky. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

No country is sweaky clean tbh but the whole corruption thing definitely stank.  What can you do hey? England might hold another WC in our lifetime if we’re lucky. 

Oh I'm not a bleeding heart lefty, I could have wrote a huge list its just I think those are the three that you can't ignore.

• Like 1

I think tbf, the main *footballing* issue with where they host tournaments is weather and pitch quality.

It looks like a Qatari winter evening isn’t actually too bad for playing football, even for a Northern European side. And the pitches look decent too.

So yes it’s terrible atmosphere and it’s a joke that this country is hosting, but I think at least we’ll get a few decent knockout games once the minnows have been knocked out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I think tbf, the main *footballing* issue with where they host tournaments is weather and pitch quality.

It looks like a Qatari winter evening isn’t actually too bad for playing football, even for a Northern European side. And the pitches look decent too.

So yes it’s terrible atmosphere and it’s a joke that this country is hosting, but I think at least we’ll get a few decent knockout games once the minnows have been knocked out.

Plus the player fatigue thing shouldn’t be a thing. So yes, football side I think we’ll have some crackers.  We’re here now. May as well try and enjoy it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

My favourite is the paid foreign fans.....

When I heard about this I assumed they employed some people call Bazza from Skegness...... then I saw them and they all look Pakistani, so I thought ah well maybe loads of south asian''s from British city's have decided to go to the world cup because its a muslim country.

That was until I saw the same paid fans turn up wearing different shirts for the next team with the exact same demographics not being able to sing more than a couple of words of the songs or knowing the melody of it 🤣 whole things a joke, I have never seen a world cup where there isn't a scramble for a ticket to pretty much any game.