Stand Up Comedy

Seat68

I don't get Jonathon Pie, or at least I don't find him funny, or even interesting. I understand why people do, but as a character its not something that works well for me. I get sent his videos a lot, but like Hayseed Dixie people assume its up my street but is not at all. @bickster what's the live show like, it can't be him ranting for an hour could it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Going to woke lefty Stewart Lee's Wolverhampton date on Sunday. 

I wonder if he'll be looking fat and depressed. And fat.

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

I wonder if he'll be looking fat and depressed. And fat.

I hope so, him and his wife split up last year, his appearance doesn't seem to be deterring my wife though.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I hope so, him and his wife split up last year, his appearance doesn't seem to be deterring my wife though.

Joking aside, I've seen him a fair few times and he's always superb.

*and looks fat and depressed. And fat.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I don't get Jonathon Pie, or at least I don't find him funny, or even interesting. I understand why people do, but as a character its not something that works well for me. I get sent his videos a lot, but like Hayseed Dixie people assume its up my street but is not at all. @bickster what's the live show like, it can't be him ranting for an hour could it?

There is a fair amount of ranting. The show is sort of structured with Tory hating at the start and then he moves over to personal hypocrisy, whether it be his or anyone else's so it kinda gets less ranty but  still ranty.

I enjoy it, it's preaching to the converted I guess, especially here where he premiered the show but I really enjoy the rants and he does make some good points outside of the ranting. I also like the fact he's more Anyone but Tory rather than Vote Labour as he does have a small go at both the LibDems and Labour

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

It's funny he's come up at the same time as Stewart Lee because to me nothing sums up Jonathan Pie like "was it funny?", "no, but I agreed the **** out of it"

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

That’s because Stewart started seeing Rosie Holt, isn’t it?

7 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

That’s because Stewart started seeing Rosie Holt, isn’t it?

Not entirely sure but apparently they were living separately for a couple of years and that's before Rosie Holt appeared. 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Not entirely sure but apparently they were living separately for a couple of years and that's before Rosie Holt appeared. 

Ah right! Well I’m glad if that’s the case, as Bridget Christie is great, so wouldn’t have wanted Stewart to do the dirty on her. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

"was it funny?", "no, but I agreed the **** out of it"

"I can write jokes, I just choose not to!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/comedy/the-fast-show-tour-30th-anniversary-tickets-newsupdate/

It's been 30 years since The Fast Show first landed on our screens and to mark the major milestone, the cast of the iconic sketch comedy are reuniting for a special live tour.

Taking to stages across the UK from next month, the main cast of Charlie Higson, Paul Whitehouse, Simon Day, John Thomson, Arabella Weir and Mark Williams will be entertaining audiences across 14 dates.

and go on general sale on Friday 26th January at 10am

• Like 3

This year I've got more stand up shows than gigs planned. Off to see Rhod Gilbert tomorrow, then Vittorio Angelone in a few weeks. There's some really good shows at Leicester Comedy Festival this year. 

• Like 2

Â