Unai Emery

PeterSw

Was wondering how many posts it was gonna take in this thread to see somebody worrying about Emery/Liverpool. Emery made the mistake of going to Arsenal after Wenger - he for sure won’t even think about making the same mistake again even if Liverpool approached to speak to him. 

I think any top manager would avoid following Klopp there if I’m being honest. Liverpool will find replacing Klopp difficult.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta say, there's never been a better time to be Villa manager. Chelsea and Man United in disarray, and now Liverpool inevitably dropping down a few places next season. Pep will be off next!

It's our time. Unai must see this.

• Like 4

Think the problem with Emery is that since he's come in he's done such a remarkable job that expectations have risen exponentially. Mentally,  as a team and a fanbase, we've gone from expecting to make a go of fighting for midtable to being outside title challengers and top 4 favourites in the space of about 14 months.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Think the problem with Emery is that since he's come in he's done such a remarkable job that expectations have risen exponentially. Mentally,  as a team and a fanbase, we've gone from expecting to make a go of fighting for midtable to being outside title challengers and top 4 favourites in the space of about 14 months.

Emery has done an amazing job. 

I'm not saying he needs to go or anything so drastic, hope he's here long long term. 

Our performances over the last 5/6 games have been very poor. We are in a slump, that is fact

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, mattyvilla said:

If it's true we need to sell first team players for ffp reasons I'm not sure he will be here after the summer, I'm not convinced he will be interested in just staying in the division 

I don't think that the need to trade players (not sell crown jewels with no replacement) would be out of the ordinary for Unai, the man has tremendous success at Villareal in bringing in players written off elsewhere

23 hours ago, mattyvilla said:

If it's true we need to sell first team players for ffp reasons I'm not sure he will be here after the summer, I'm not convinced he will be interested in just staying in the division 

He dealt with terrible debt situation at Valencia around 2010, and still managed to finish third after having to let the best players of the team go for financial reasons. He's truly the type of a manager who will work with what he has, rather than think  about "what could be if only we had this player...". I'd say he quite enjoys making the available players better, it's like a personal challenge for him!

• Like 1

I'm hoping the poor form is down to injuries, although I can't say I'm not worrying that other teams might have found us out, an the fact Emery is still not getting anything out of Diaby is a big worry too.

You know what they say about keep trying the same thing and expecting results.

• Like 3

Worried that Unai Emery has been found out. We move the ball too slowly, we constantly play that high line, we're far too passive every single game. It's so easy to counter attack against us but teams know how to shut off our own counter attacks which is where we're best. We look totally and utterly devoid of ideas going forward and can barely create anything or score goals. Defensively we've been dodgy all season especially without Pau and Digne so we need goals in the team. 

Been a great manager for us of course and improved us so much in only 15 months but he really needs to change something with his approach because our results and performances are well, well below par in the last month or so. I worry he won't because he comes across as set in his ways. 

• Like 1

He needs to decide what the priority is which for me is the league and completely deprioritise the fa cup and the conference league because neither for me are important and we can’t compete in all of them with this squad. Players like konsa mcginn Watkins have hardly had a rest and others like Lenglet, Carlos, cash and certainly zaniolo are not close to being good enough for the premier league 

9 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Worried that Unai Emery has been found out. We move the ball too slowly, we constantly play that high line, we're far too passive every single game. It's so easy to counter attack against us but teams know how to shut off our own counter attacks which is where we're best. We look totally and utterly devoid of ideas going forward and can barely create anything or score goals. Defensively we've been dodgy all season especially without Pau and Digne so we need goals in the team. 

Been a great manager for us of course and improved us so much in only 15 months but he really needs to change something with his approach because our results and performances are well, well below par in the last month or so. I worry he won't because he comes across as set in his ways. 

He comes across the exact opposite?

Not saying he doesn't bear a lot of responsibility for this because he does, he needs to sort a lot of things out, but this is a very bizarre point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

He needs to decide what the priority is which for me is the league and completely deprioritise the fa cup and the conference league because neither for me are important and we can’t compete in all of them with this squad. Players like konsa mcginn Watkins have hardly had a rest and others like Lenglet, Carlos, cash and certainly zaniolo are not close to being good enough for the premier league 

We had nearly 2 weeks off, an they all come back like we'd been playing 2 games a week. I don't put it down to being tired.

I don’t blame Unai for that. The players were just woeful. They looked really scared and didn’t look up for it. They need to take responsibility and fight back. They seem to have lost their mojo.

• Like 1

Â