Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About 15 minutes from the end of Bournemouth, I was coming to terms with us facing 3 losses in a row and tumbling down a few spots.

Best manager in living memory? He's got to be in the conversation. A trophy will seal it.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

I know this shouldn’t really matter but he is such a likeable guy on top of his undoubted coaching/management skills. Brilliant. 

Yes. The other proven top managers in the league are Arteta, Guardiola and Klopp especially are all massive pricks. Emery is the exact opposite.

• Like 3

Just now, Mantis said:

Yes. The other proven top managers in the league are Arteta, Guardiola and Klopp especially are all massive pricks. Emery is the exact opposite.

Totally agree

I'm becoming convinced that when that car came around the corner more on my side than his about 16 months ago - I can't possibly have seen him coming and somehow managed to squeeze my car between it and the stone wall and not lost control on the grass verge.  I must have died and now be living in some kind of very weird afterlife where it still feels like I am alive and yet Aston Villa have suddenly become a fantastic football team.  It's the only clue that I can't possibly have survived that "near miss".... everything else seems normal.

Edited by allani
  • Like 2

He's literally an unbelievable manager. 

To not only come in and undo the utter shit show Gerrard had created, rebuilding players confidence, giving us a style of play to what is happening this season is near on impossible. 

Best manager in my lifetime, easily. I love him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Genie said:

Dare I say it, could United tempt him away? 

We know he’d be mad to go there but who knows 😢 

Nah mate. 

We've let him do his thing here. Utd wouldn't do that, too many egos bouncing around that boardroom. 

He's ours and he ain't going anywhere. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Dare I say it, could United tempt him away? 

We know he’d be mad to go there but who knows 😢 

Why would he go, yes they are a big club but there a mess and need a rebuild. He has a project here

I love Unai. We weren’t great tonight and we looked really tired and yet he still managed to engineer an unbelievable win against an excellent team. He is also so humble and diligent. What’s not to love?!

I was chatting to a guy this morning who is a massive arsenal fan. He admitted that Villa had become his second team and was amazed at the style of our football. He said that Unai was really defensive at Arsenal. Sometimes things are just meant to be. Long may it continue. UTV. UTU.

• Like 1

Â