Unai Emery

PeterSw

The only and I mean only thing that worries me about Unai and the control he has at Villa is what happens if he does get poached? I’m not talking about United as I genuinely don’t think he’d go to another Prem club but what if Real or Barca came knocking? Do we lose our entire coaching and scouting staff who all came to be with him?

Are we leaving ourselves a bit vulnerable? I don’t know. 

• Like 2

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

The only and I mean only thing that worries me about Unai and the control he has at Villa is what happens if he does get poached? I’m not talking about United as I genuinely don’t think he’d go to another Prem club but what if Real or Barca came knocking? Do we lose our entire coaching and scouting staff who all came to be with him?

Are we leaving ourselves a bit vulnerable? I don’t know. 

Yes we are.

Emery comes with an entire team. But then again, most top managers do. 

But he's not going anywhere for now, and I am sure the club will prepare well for the eventuality. 

When Unai does leave, in about 20 years time having won multiple trophies,I’m sure a rightful successor will have been identified and in waiting. Unai can then go about his next project in rebuilding a non- league Manure team.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Yes we are.

Emery comes with an entire team. But then again, most top managers do. 

But he's not going anywhere for now, and I am sure the club will prepare well for the eventuality. 

Whilst that particular senario is a possibility, I believe The relationship between Unai, Nas and Wes will hopefully prevent Unai going anywhere I think there is mutual respect between them all and that will stay strong in the future. That respect now extends beyond individuals and is a bond and affection for AVFC, which we have seen over the years develope with a lot of people who walk through the gates, whether players or managers. A young lad from the north east was chosen many years ago and became a legend as player, manager and general advisor. His affection for our club is unquestioned and he’ll be a Villan for the rest of his days. I remember a letter he wrote, thst was published in the press, encouraging Dean Saunders to sign for us. It was truly from the heart. Brian Little of Aston Villa, should have a stand named after him. Hopefully Unai Emery of Aston Villa will have the same in the future. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I think the only team he'd leave for is Real Madrid. But hopefully not soon! Maybe in 10 years. He's only 51 of takes a leaf out of Roy's book will have another 30 years left in him 😁

He's Basque so Barca surely?

Reality is he is likely to leave if Mau U were to offer him the job. They could offer him monstrous wages and their brand is still one of the biggest in football if not the biggest.

But the thing is I don't think big clubs see him as a big club manager after Arsenal. This is why I think he'll stay with us for at least another 2 years.

Edited by Pinebro

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Reality is he is likely to leave if Mau U were to offer him the job. They could offer him monstrous wages and their brand is still one of the biggest in football if not the biggest.

But the thing is I don't think big clubs see him as a big club manager after Arsenal. This is why I think he'll stay with us for at least another 2 years.

I think utd are more likely to go for de zerbi than emery just because pf how much compensation it will cost them

I personally think they will go for potter the glazers do go cheap on managers for some reason

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think utd are more likely to go for de zerbi than emery just because pf how much compensation it will cost them

I personally think they will go for potter the glazers do go cheap on managers for some reason

United won’t sack ETH until the fans turn on him. At the moment they are still supporting him. 

Emery’s not going to go there anyway.

4 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I don’t like your first paragraph but I do like and agree with the second. Unai fits well with us, his character and the owners allowing him to make the club his own project and appreating what he’s doing will equally be appreciated by him and probably not available to him anywhere else Brian Clough moved on from success at relatively small clubs in Derby and Forest but when he was appointed at Leeds it all went wrong, not his fault but the players from the Revie era didn’t accept him and forced him out. Unai will continue to successfully lead us to new heights and secure his and NSWE’s legacy for years to come. He won’t be tempted by the likes of Man U who will always be thought of, not unreasonably as Fergie’s club. Here he has his own club to build and create his own legacy. Unai’s Teriffic Villans!! He can retire on that as a club legend. The man that awakened a true sleeping, practically comatose, giant. A history maker! I hope and think that he realises this. UTV!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

I don’t like your first paragraph but I do like and agree with the second. Unai fits well with us, his character and the owners allowing him to make the club his own project and appreating what he’s doing will equally be appreciated by him and probably not available to him anywhere else Brian Clough moved on from success at relatively small clubs in Derby and Forest but when he was appointed at Leeds it all went wrong, not his fault but the players from the Revie era didn’t accept him and forced him out. Unai will continue to successfully lead us to new heights and secure his and NSWE’s legacy for years to come. He won’t be tempted by the likes of Man U who will always be thought of, not unreasonably as Fergie’s club. Here he has his own club to build and create his own legacy. Unai’s Teriffic Villans!! He can retire on that as a club legend. The man that awakened a true sleeping, practically comatose, giant. A history maker! I hope and think that he realises this. UTV!!!!

I don't either but if I take my villa glasses off reality is I still think Emery wants to prove himself to the world at a mega club after Arsenal.

And he fitted well with Villareal too and I'm sure their fans would say similar things but ultimately moved to a bigger club with a bigger budget.

Am I concerned? No, as I said I don't think Emery's reputation is that high at the biggest clubs.

21 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Barça aren't Basque, they're Catalan. 

41 minutes ago, Adman said:

He's Basque so Barca surely?

He's mentioned both clubs as the pinnacle of Spanish footbal previously. I don't think he'd say no to either. 

But he wouldn't quit our project for the shitshow at United. 

He's with us for the foreseeable, enjoy it

Edited by MrBlack

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We mustn’t forget that Unai has already turned down the riches of Newcastle who I doubt wouldn’t have offered him peanuts either. He’ll be loyal to us and NSWE he did show loyalty to his former club’s chairman but the project that NAS offered him was truly life changing for him and his son encouraged him to take it, another not insignificant factor in Unai’s arrival here and a big factor in him settling and staying too. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I don't either but if I take my villa glasses off reality is I still think Emery wants to prove himself to the world at a mega club after Arsenal.

We need to ask ourselves..

Was Arsenal a mega club before Wenger arrived? No.

Was Manchester United a mega club before Ferguson arrived? No.

Were we a mega club before Emery arrived? No.

The first two managers remain two of the longest serving managers in PL history. During their tenure at their clubs they built a dynasty which is now what many might now class them as a mega club today?

I think (and hope) Emery will possibly try and emulate that here with Villa in terms of honours etc.

Will he stay here for 20+ years to became the PL longest serving manager as a team, I don't know. But it would be great if he does.

We certainly seem to have all the right people in all the right places now to propell this club to the heavy heights of football once again and it's something we have been crying out for since I can remember.

I'm not sure what more there is that we can do apart from sit and watch it all unfold and celebrate the good times ahead.

Unai Emery leaving Villa is the last thing I am actually concerned about.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We need to ask ourselves..

Was Arsenal a mega club before Wenger arrived? No.

Was Manchester United a mega club before Ferguson arrived? No.

Were we a mega club before Emery arrived? No.

The first two managers remain two of the longest serving managers in PL history. During their tenure at their clubs they built a dynasty which is now what many might now class them as a mega club today?

I think (and hope) Emery will possibly try and emulate that here with Villa in terms of honours etc.

Will he stay here for 20+ years to became the PL longest serving manager as a team, I don't know. But it would be great if he does.

We certainly seem to have all the right people in all the right places now to propell this club to the heavy heights of football once again and it's something we have been crying out for since I can remember.

I'm not sure what more there is that we can do apart from sit and watch it all unfold and celebrate the good times ahead.

Unai Emery leaving Villa is the last thing I am actually concerned about.

Love everything you say I just think if United offered him the job he'd take it. I do think so.

But I don't think he'd get offered the job so not concerned.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

Love everything you say I just think if United offered him the job he'd take it. I do think so.

But I don't think he'd get offered the job so not concerned.

Why? United are not the great power they were. They arent even signing star players anymore and the stadium is falling apart

Anything he would want from United he could easily get here

56 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

United won’t sack ETH until the fans turn on him. At the moment they are still supporting him. 

Emery’s not going to go there anyway.

They are turning on him thats the thing

And i agree dont think he would either

Â