Unai Emery

PeterSw

It was good to see Deano today. Who took us up and bought some good players. And then see how Emery has taken those players and taken them to new levels of constistency and performance. By not relying on moments of magic or one player.Everyone played well today. The system he has built means that everyone can shine. The system means that no one is left outgunned by overloads . The high line is obviously worked on for hours and hours every week. Every week people comment about our risky high line. Yet we have only been turned over badlly twice this season . Every other time we have been able to manage it and then play further up the pitch,  we nearly always win. 

• Like 1

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

It was good to see Deano today. Who took us up and bought some good players. And then see how Emery has taken those players and taken them to new levels of constistency and performance. By not relying on moments of magic or one player.Everyone played well today. The system he has built means that everyone can shine. The system means that no one is left outgunned by overloads . The high line is obviously worked on for hours and hours every week. Every week people comment about our risky high line. Yet we have only been turned over badlly twice this season . Every other time we have been able to manage it and then play further up the pitch,  we nearly always win. 

The fact of the matter is the high line only got exploited earlier in the season, purely due to injuries at key times in certain games. I also think it looks worse because of the stupid offside rule when they only put the flag up at the last minute it works and it works shockingly well.

• Like 4

Exceeded even my expectations and I had pretty high ones when he came in. How much he has improved us in less than a year is incredible.

He did great jobs at Valencia, Sevilla and Villareal, but I feel here he has done his best work. To take a club underachieving and languishing dangerously close to the bottom 3 to top 7 in his first season and now in serious contention for a Champions League place and silverwear is amazing.

I don't even think Pep or Klopp could have done the job he has done here. I hope he will stay with us for many, many years and we must do everything we can to keep him here. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

Exceeded even my expectations and I had pretty high ones when he came in. How much he has improved us in less than a year is incredible.

He did great jobs at Valencia, Sevilla and Villareal, but I feel here he has done his best work. To take a club underachieving and languishing dangerously close to the bottom 3 to top 7 in his first season and now in serious contention for a Champions League place and silverwear is amazing.

I don't even think Pep or Klopp could have done the job he has done here. I hope he will stay with us for many, many years and we must do everything we can to keep him here. 

Yeah he's basically 8 months ahead of where I thought we'd be. Thought we'd be middling in mid-table last season (thought the Gerrard handicap would be too big to overturn) but instead he got us into Europe. And then I thought in his first full season we'd possibly be competing for top 7 but instead we're competing for top 4.

• Like 1

He's getting better in interviews, but he's still stunted in how completely he's able to express himself. I'd love it if he gave regular interviews in Basque and they were translated to English. I want to know what he says when he's able to fully articulate his thoughts. 

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 3

I'm not sure what platitudes I can add that haven't already been said about Unai but it feels like he is finally close to waking the sleeping giant after many false dawns. Others have tried before him and failed. This just feels like the perfect fit with Unai almost being the sleeping (or underrated) giant himself. All the components aligning together from the top down. Thanks to all involved with this beautiful club

I hope we continue to rise together. 

• Thanks 1

I re-watched the first half when I got in last night.  Honestly, some of our football was sublime. 

On a negative slant I think the press are waking up.  3 big stories about Villa on the BBC news front page and one was an indepth look at how amazing Emery is. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Â